CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Cam failure, major bummer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam failure, major bummer

Never ending story to stay the fastest LOL guys allways working on going faster!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

hey nut, im not taking this the wrong way but maybe the hpr4 are the best, my question is if hpr5 are making other bikes scream than they should make mine hauler even louder. IM going on what hpr sold me.7500 dollars i would think that i would have the fastest 730 out there. when i put this thing together it was supposed to be like the one i built earlier last year except if there was any updated versions i would get them. so i recieved the 48 with dual powerjets that i had to seal one off of , i got the updated version of the headporting, which was a slight different from my first one, so i just assumed that if there was a more agressive cam that would produce me more power i would recieve it. maybe im wrong about the cams, but from what i understand the more agressive a cam the more power it should produce. that is why i went a 100% race everything when we put this together. maybe im sweating this thing for nothing but if your motor is not even a month old and there is already a better cam for it how do you think i should feel. IM not a drag racer or anything like that but when you pay like i do and you dont have any sponsors you want the most for your money, I dont give a crap who builds my motors as long as there honest up front and you dont get the run around. i just like having the power to shut up a few punks now and then. i enjoy just watching my bikes run and i dont care who is on them. so with me its not a power trip.its called getting what you pay for. im sure we will get this all figured out since im looking for a 850 motor.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know the answer to your question. Good luck.

Ron

Old 01-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
It don't matter, I hate being behind even before I start [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Me too! my motor which just won that big race, is outdated a year now- Hard1's motor has so much better stuff in it.

2Big- easy big man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] there are no better cams for your motor than the ones in your motor (yet!). Jed's was a special case (by his request), but he gave up alot on the low end without the bottle turned on.
Your 855 motor will have completely different cams.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

so other than the litening of parts my 730 is peaked out and can not go any further? so if your gonna build this thing i need to know on motor alone what kind of numbers am i gonna pull. you already have me upset about my nitrous that i ordered a complete new system if im only getting that 8 hpout of the one when i install that second one i should be up to 16hp. all kidding aside im looking for someone to build me a motor that will launch me, yes me up to the top of the hill. that way my jockey does not have to rush down the hill to raise my hand. I have not seen my name in the paper since i did not make the cut for the fresno bandits. so i figure if the fat man is first to the top then somebody is sure to post that in a paper. one way or another i will have a motor and this time i was told im not using the house for calateral.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2big, I dont know which cams your running. But just to give you an idea. I had the HPR 4 Nitrous cams in. I loved them. I had a chance to sell the 109's I had in my brothers machine. So I did. In turn I called up Eric, told him what I wanted to do, go fast with nitrous! He said he had a cam that would give me more on top with nitrous, but would hurt my bottom end on all motor. He was right. My 4's were a much better all around cam, but I win with my 5's. It's basically a catch 22, as you cant have your cake and eat it too! Fast on nitrous, but slower on motor. I would stand with Hpr and say if they give you what they thought was the best for your setup, you got it.

Now on the nitrous, wtf! I'm lost!

Old 01-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

i have the hpr4 and evidently im still sipping on the bottle only if i could learn to drink[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2big, I dont know whats going on with your setup. I will tell you the things that I have had to deal with. Sand. It gets everywhere. It has been the only culprit I have had issues with. I got some into one of my nozzles, and pluged a couple holes. It still pulled but not like it should. I got sand in one solenoid, so it leaks all the time, it still on my bike but will need changed before our season. Bottle valves deteriated on me, but thats on all systems. Thats it, in three years.

And for the manometer, I dont have one, the only time I used one is at Ds days Marky checked our setup. I tune with plugs, seat of the pants, plugs again, and sound. I know my machines, the way they sound, and how they run. Its the old school method of tuning, but it gets it done! If you only gained 4 mph on ANY hill with a 25 shot, something is not right. Maybe you were setup for perfect gearing on motor, then just shot nitrous on top of it, I dont know. But again you cant have your cake and eat it too. You have to setup for one or the other. Gear for the fastest setup, which is on nitrous, then run it that way all the time. That way you know your set for the fastest your bike can possibly go. And just for your info. My bikes run about oh 45-46 on Motor on our hill. I hit 56 on nitrous. My brothers runs 52's on a 20 shot. thats 6 mph faster on a 20.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

if i install three nozzals that will put me at 24 hp. i will be posting some dyno sheets as soon as dabeechman gets back up and going. were gonna find out new 730# old 730 # old 730# on nitrous. he said we will tune them to maximum hp and then get the #s that way the#s are the#s and i can not lie anymore about my 100 hp bike