CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron hv 46 Question ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron hv 46 Question ??

its set at 3 turns out it feels like its about to fall out. i still have the stock cdi so im only getting a whopping 7900 out of the motor. there is always the smell of raw fuel in the pipe. the clip on the needle needs to be moved but which way up or down. evidently i have some disease that people can catch over the forums becouse its hard to get help on here.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

This is JMO, But I think you need to turn air fuel in 1 and a half and lean the needle out 1 full turn (out)

Old 02-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

2Big. The 30PJ is pretty light..... What are your other mods?

Next, if you have a micrometer, measure the needles length from the base to the end of the needle. You should get a 2.xxx or something in that arena. Also, it would help to know which needle you have. Mario's advice is probably pretty good. Try it and report back.

Not to worry, I'm sure you'll get the help.

BD

Old 02-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

im just playing on the help . dont know what kind of needle your talking about what is the diference in needles. its a 730 bigbore hpr4 cams oversized valves with the top gun exhaust. race porting head porting

Old 02-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
im just playing on the help . dont know what kind of needle your talking about what is the diference in needles. its a 730 bigbore hpr4 cams oversized valves with the top gun exhaust. race porting head porting
Turn your carb to the side a little and remove the three screws on the top. Pull the whole slide out. The metering rod will be the long stem below the slide. Take hold of the bottom of it carefully with a rag and pliers (if you can't turn it by hand) and turn it (1) full turn counterclockwise. Put it back together and prepare to richen your powerjet. I bet that gets you pretty close.

Ron

Old 02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, let's make sure we are on the same page. We're talking about the newest motor, you have put the top gun back on, the jetting is still the same as it was at Glamis with the Drag Pipe? If this is correct, and I am understanding that it is stumbling on the bottom when you hit it, you are now too lean on the needle and too rich on the power jet because of the pipe swap.
The needle needs to be turned in 1 turn richer and the power jet needs to be dropped to a #10.
We may have to swap the needle if the #10 is still too rich with the Top Gun.

Just to clear up why some bikes want completely different jetting, the better the porting has gotten over the years, the less jetting it wants on top end, yet it is using more fuel. You'll have to think about that one. That's why your new motor with lean jetting burns more fuel than the older motor with bigger jetting, yet your new motor is drinking more fuel- the new motor has better porting.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

yes this is the new motor. i siliconed off the second power jet that had the 120 in it. the air mixture screw is 3 turns out and it feels real loose. it will idle at 1900 with a stutter. putting around in second gear going down the beach it really loads up on gas. as far as out on the drags there is a stutter , stutter and then its gone , it does not matter if its me on it or my 130 lb wife. second gear launch will stutter step then clean itself up.As far as top end or wide open the cutting out and popping has stopped. my concern was the raw gas smell always coming out of the end of the pipe and the wet plugs

Old 02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

alright here we go , i plugged off both power jets still has a little stutter at take off but runs fine at full throttal. pulled the plugs and there is some thick gooey kind a like tar on the plugs, kinda like when you run out of weed and you scrape the bowl and the stem of your pipe. and with both still pj closed off you can still smell raw gas. the oil was still in the middle of the 2 lines on the stick, but the plugs look like the other 730 did when the guide turned . gas in the oil would be would be bad rings i think, oil in the radiator or water in the oil would be a blown head gasket it runs strong down the road. there is no smoke at idal and there is no smoke when you hold the throttal wide open theres only smoke when you rap the throttal. water temp was at 160 checked the compression i turned the motor over 5 times and it read like 120 pounds im a little confused, i guess off to the shop tommorrow if they have time.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Lectron hv 46 Question ??