CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My first ride with my-HPR parts/Lectron 46hv-ported intake-Top Gun

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first ride with my-HPR parts/Lectron 46hv-ported intake-Top Gun

I just got back from my first dune ride with my Lectron 46HV-ported intake-Top Gun pioe installed and i was impressed.Before this ride my Baja was stock with the exception of a K&N and a big gun CDI and the difference was huge.I have a very fast 690 raptor so i know what fast feels like and for simple bolt ons this set up really makes good gains.I was able to hang with my 690(with my 160 lb friend aboard)on the flats up until fourth gear then he would slightly pull away by maybe 3 quad lengths but i would start catching up by about 1/4 mile.If we had continued on further i could see that i woulod have eventually passed him.My Lectron was very close to being tuned straight out of the box and i only had to lean it up slightly to achieve a good constant idle and consistent pull up to redline.I am soon going to add a HPR 14:1 piston and HR3 cams and that along with the pipe -intake and carb should make for a very good dune machine.After hearing about some people having trouble tuning their Lectron i was concerned but it seemed to dial in very close to spot on for me with little effort.When the weather gets warmer i may need to adjust the air-fuel screw but that should take care of any issues there.My biggest problem today was getting used to a twist throttle after having used a thumb throttle for so long but that is not a problem but just a matter of getting used to it.If anyone is considering this set up i would say go for it because in terms of dollars spent and performance gained it seems like a bargain to me.