CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Genoa Spring Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genoa Spring Jamboree

You can race in any class you want as long as it is a class above yours. So I am sure you could race in the 500 and up sports class. there are a couple of locals that have some mods done to utilities and they race in the utility class and also some sport classes.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

You get three close pins at the beginning of the race and each time you lose they take a pin until you have none left then your done

Old 03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I am liking the sounds of this, I got it marked on my calender to take the friday before off to head that way. This sounds like allot of fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I really like the clothes pin concept. That way if I screw up I still have a chance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Does anyone have a link to the website?

Goodsound, you ever go through Wichita.Maybe on your way to a OU/Huskers game or something. The reason I ask, is I was wondering about how long of drive it is to the event.

Thanks for all the info.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

http://www.nohva.com/

Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Wichita isnt that far, Im guessing about 5 or 6 hours. Genoa is about 2 hours from the Kansas border. Directly north of Wichita.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do I need to bring the Ranger to smooth the track?

Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

A rough track has been a problem in the past. They have tryed different things to smooth it but have yet to come up with anything good. The gates between the unloading area and the sand are narrow. 4wheelers are the only thing that can get through.

If you have a good, fast way to smooth the track I would suggest getting a hold of someone from NOHVA some how and talking to them.

I was thinging of looking into seeing if someone would donate a Bobcat and their time to smooth the track. But they would have to get it in a different way.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, we might be able to find something that can be pulled behind the 4x4's?

Im gonna call NOHVA! Stay tuned.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thank's Choose

[quote]
Stock and Mild Modification Classes: Pipes, tires, jetting and air box mods. No big bores or strokers.
Utility Classes: Stock exhaust, have to have racks.
450 and 400 stock and modified: Class for 400 big bore or strokers. 450 YFZ, TRZ stock to mild mods.
Outlaw classes: Anything goes, based off an ATV.
No dune buggies or jeeps.[quote]

I found this at the bottom of the page under notes.

That pipe rule on utes, really sucks for me. Unless Goodsound, you are right and they will overlook the pipe ruel. But that worries me when it specificaly says "stock exhaust". I think thats kinda a stupid rule for any class if you ask me. You can ask choose about his Utility class at the Clash there was not one Utility quad entered that did not have at least a pipe. I could understand them not wanting to allow Nos even though it was not specifically mentioned in the notes I will asume it would not be allowed if they are worried about pipes. Who should I contact to try and get that pipe rule changed or at least try and get it changed. I would hate to get up there and they let me race and I beat a local who cry's fowl or something. I aint into all the drama if it can be avoided.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

they have used loading ramps to drag behind 4x4 and it works OK but the track tends to get whoops on it and the ramps dont take those down very good.

Mabe a long section of chain link fence if a 4x4 can get enough traction. Our sand is kinda course, not real fine like it is in the south.

Quick Reply: Genoa Spring Jamboree