CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what are the plans for ds days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the plans for ds days?

sounds like it is utah this year? is anyone planning it? if so jed what is the easy way there? sound limits a concern? and what elevation and what is the sand like? it would be kind of fun to see a few race brackets, not that every one on the hill at once isn't fun, but brackets would give us more to talk about, afterwards. maybe we could even find some donations for the winners on-dunes might have some spare things they want to get rid of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] a quick thought would be to find a aftermarket pipe ore end cap for the stock class winner so they would move up a class the next time. we could give the king of the hill a boat anchor, as the trophy, that we could pass on from year to year, kind of a joke thing. i think i could get the anchor, but thats another story i'll tell you next week.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

How about taking a collection and having someone make us a trophy with ten engraving plates on it for future winners. Maybe break it down to few classes with a trophy for each. Winner has to return to defend the trophy or return it if he cant make the next one. I like the boat anchor idea also, How about a bronze pig the would be funny! Sounds like were going to have a good turn out. Last year was a blast and we had alot of bikes there. I will help anyway I can.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah the anchor would be required running gear the following year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
yeah the anchor would be required running gear the following year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sounds like a kick! We are going, so I am in!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Great Idea Bill. Im all for it!! Lets do some classes all the way up.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

To answere a few questions for you. The elevation at Sand Mtn UT is almost exactly the same as Sand Mtn Nevada. If your quad is setup for NV it will run well in UT, maybe only slight jetting changes at most. The hills are simular with UT being longer, On the face side of the mountain it is steeper as well but usually not nearly as bad of whoops. Little Sahara ( AKA Sand Mountain, Jericho) is located about 30 miles due west of Nephi UT. Nephi is right on I-15 and easy to find. I like the idea of traveling trophy's!

Some of may remember though, and heed this warning, keep things simple. The more you try to make this an fully organized main event, the more problems and headaches and hurt feelings and everything else that goes along with organization will happen. We tried this with the first DS days and it went to heII in a hand basket really quick. I say four simple classes:

Stock- Basically bolt on class, no chassis mods other than suspension, premium fuel maximum. 650cc+
Stock Modified- any engine mods, suspension mods, must be OEM frame-OEM motor, No nitrous or boost. Race fuel and alchohol allowed, no additives. Any CC
Modified- same as above with execption of boost, additives, Nitrous, and OEM frame, must be OEM motor. Any CC
Open Class- Run what you brung period, no 2-smokes, this includes the streetbike powered quads like Majorecho's, Banshee/LT500/250R ect. chassis allowed. MUST BE 4-Stroke Motor
KOTH will be a 3 race final between the winners of the 4 classes

Thats my suggestions.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sounds perfect Todd. We can have the races backed up by video... Just so if there is any bikering it will be haulted in a HURRY!!!

Hey, BTW- AT LEAST make the second class stock bore oem chassis no power adder no stroke!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Us guys with the little stage 1 and 2s and 3s dont want to get pitted against the big doggs...

We can just keep it simple. Az and I were going crazy after the races a few years ago and the races wernt even organized what so ever. That was YEARS ago when I didnt understand the kidding behind the internet... Now Im more forum friendly.lmao

Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Is this what we were talking about yesterday Mario? May17ish???? If so, I'll help anyway that I can.

Mario, still don't have the baseball schedule.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey I would love to know when this is since it isn't to far I would really like to check it out I won't beat anyone but it would still be fun to try. Let us know. Thanks

Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Is this what we were talking about yesterday Mario? May17ish???? If so, I'll help anyway that I can.

Mario, still don't have the baseball schedule.

Nope, Different trip Mike... TOLD YA the season wasnt over.

Quick Reply: what are the plans for ds days?