CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sicily Island update...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island update...

DSNUT, I'm thinking he is more like the high 300lb range. Maybe 390lb or something close to that. Just a guess. Very impressive to run apples for apples with other stock frames on nos and still take the class. Randall is kinda crazy when he gets behind the bars, he just wont let off no matter what!! One night I watched his 350X (which runs 4.80's by the way) come completely out from under him about 60ft out from the start line and the last thing that came off the bike was his throttle hand, he still had it WIDE OPEN thinking he could pull out of it! I think he still has it on video somewhere.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Good job guys I also think alot of good happened this weekend. The DS guys put some fear in the others. Wish you could have made it Eric but Planet Sand is important. Thats another heavy hitter for the DS side. Make it fly Eric like I know you can. I cant wait to see you guys all smoke the competition at Gilbert. It would be awesome to have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the four strokes. DS First and all this other crap last. You fast guys get off the forum and get your $hit ready for Gilbert. C-ya

Old 03-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MisterHP
DSNUT, I'm thinking he is more like the high 300lb range. Maybe 390lb or something close to that. Just a guess. Very impressive to run apples for apples with other stock frames on nos and still take the class. Randall is kinda crazy when he gets behind the bars, he just wont let off no matter what!! One night I watched his 350X (which runs 4.80's by the way) come completely out from under him about 60ft out from the start line and the last thing that came off the bike was his throttle hand, he still had it WIDE OPEN thinking he could pull out of it! I think he still has it on video somewhere.

damn i need to put ol red on a diet she weight's 401 lbs without a wheelie bar

Old 03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DollarBillz
Originally posted by: MisterHP

damn i need to put ol red on a diet she weight's 401 lbs without a wheelie bar
There is a guy locally here that runs a very fast Raptor. He has his down to 350 wet on OEM frame. He is only pushing about 65 hp on 686 (No NOS) but the way his bike spools up, it beats guys with better power to weight ratios. His set up is dialed in but it just revs quicker than the other Raptors I've seen. Quite impressive actually............

Old 03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

i keep my bike stock weight for a reason that way no one can say the only way i won is because it is light weight but time's have changed

Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know BOM will be whooping up on my banshee,but I'm ok with that.Can't wait to see it in person.Seen a picture of it.It looks insane.Looks fast just sitting there.
Hope to make it to one of the clash's this year.I'll be in the stock frame class.
Why do I feel like a lamb in the middle of a pack of wolves?LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for putting on the Event Choose!! Unfortunately, I had some major clutch problems with the new Barnett clutch fibers. It held up great for 4 stinkin passes, before it completely ate itself. The worst part is, that it happened early Friday morning, and could do nothing about it. I was a spectator the entire weekend. We will chaulk this one up to a lesson learned.

The turbo 1000 put on an extremely impressive display of half track boost to say the least. The tires broke loose off the line, and didnt put enough load on the motor to spool it up until half track when the tires hooked. Its easily fixed with some more aggressive tires, but it was a great learning expierience. That thing just simply hauls ars. Especially with no wheelie bar, 22" 12 paddle tires and full dune suspension weighing in at almost 500 lbs. Quadbart was behind a couple of bikes at half track against Ashley (spelling), but pulled to within a few feet at the finish. We are pleased with the build, and will take the next project a little further. Its just a shame the 750 on Nos couldnt make the show, I was bummed.

Gary

Old 03-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Pap and I made it back to VA this afternoon with no problems, the tow bar repair worked great. The racing was awesome, the top quads were so close that most wins boiled down to who launched straightest. Even though my Raptor went TU, we still had a ball meeting new faces and catching up with old friends. This event was the best by far, I can't believe how far the Clash has come over the last year. Choose is THE MAN, he and his buddies worked their azz off to get keep things under some level of control. Don't let Dennis give up on the lights, they are a great addition to the facility.

The DS's are running strong but the Raptors weren't far behind, I wish Dollar had brought his wheelie bar and Silverbullet was running alky..... Anyhow, you DS boys enjoy your wins while you can, a couple new Raptor builds are going to cost you guys a pile more money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good to see you made it back Ubet. When you get a chance check your mail.......

It was great to meet you John, and I can't wait to visit some ofyour tracks this summer....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW....check my picture page and maybe that is one Raptor John was refering to...

Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Pap and I made it back to VA this afternoon with no problems, the tow bar repair worked great. The racing was awesome, the top quads were so close that most wins boiled down to who launched straightest. Even though my Raptor went TU, we still had a ball meeting new faces and catching up with old friends. This event was the best by far, I can't believe how far the Clash has come over the last year. Choose is THE MAN, he and his buddies worked their azz off to get keep things under some level of control. Don't let Dennis give up on the lights, they are a great addition to the facility.

The DS's are running strong but the Raptors weren't far behind, I wish Dollar had brought his wheelie bar and Silverbullet was running alky..... Anyhow, you DS boys enjoy your wins while you can, a couple new Raptor builds are going to cost you guys a pile more money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Saw your bike on the dyno strapping up, but had to go, what #'s did it put out against the others, should be interesting ? Didn't get to see it make any passes, guess I missed it. Tell us where you stacked up ?

Quick Reply: Sicily Island update...