CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impressions on Outlander 800.

My brother will be right there beside you in prison. He started pulling the stickers just after unloading it from the truck.>>>>>>>>>

They sure are annoying.....I used a hair dryer to peel them off, some are riveted on <sigh>

Old 03-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

His bike was so new that the stickers just peeled right off. Dont think the glue had time to set.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have a HMF pipe and Dobeck fuel contro; on mine, it was worth right at and extra 4 hp to the rear wheels. I beleve The Bomb has the same pipe and box on his. Nice looking rims sure don't hurt anything. Nice thing for guys going from prairies to bombs is that you only need to buy 2 more rims. They have the same bolt patterns just the rear offset of the bomb being IRS needs the same offset as the front rims of the prairies all the way around. Another budy has the same pipe and box and is hooking me up with the ever elusive K&N filter I have been trying to get my hands on since last fall. I will keep you posted as to its HP improvements with the addition of the filter.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey PR your brother is a big fella all right. My 400 gets a good beating on the so called SST frame. I recomend a skid plate.
And hey cc1999 I was in Witchita at the end of Feb. on a course and had a hard time finding any ATV related stores. Good to see you guy's havin fun.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I have a HMF pipe and Dobeck fuel contro; on mine, it was worth right at and extra 4 hp to the rear wheels. I beleve The Bomb has the same pipe and box on his. Nice looking rims sure don't hurt anything. Nice thing for guys going from prairies to bombs is that you only need to buy 2 more rims. They have the same bolt patterns just the rear offset of the bomb being IRS needs the same offset as the front rims of the prairies all the way around. Another budy has the same pipe and box and is hooking me up with the ever elusive K&N filter I have been trying to get my hands on since last fall. I will keep you posted as to its HP improvements with the addition of the filter.
Thanks for the info on the rims. Just happen to know a person with the prairie rims.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Dont think he wants to pipe it because it may double as a hunting quad. But the Dobeck fuel control box may be a good add on for him.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I would not worry about the fuel box if he is not going to make any mods, its just used to control the fuel like, carb quads do with jetting, think of the box like a jet kit. If you add a pipe then you normaly would rejet to get the air fuel mix right or if you make airbox modds it might be worth looking into but for a stock machine the box would not likely do much on its own. to get the air fuel right you would have to set the box to a stock setting making it kind of a wast of money.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the advice.

Im sure it wont stay stock for long, knowing my brothers like I do. There into speed just as much as me, They just dont admit to it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well if thats the case I might be able to make you a heck of deal on my box, it would seem that a friend of mine has figured out how to spray an EFI bomb 800, so there looks to be catch for me though, I will have to change to a differnt type of dobeck fuel control that allows for a Nos function. If it works out the way it looks like it is going to I guess I will be selling my old box, not thet its old, I got it last November. Send me a PM if they are interested.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Originally posted by: phred
To answer the suspension question I do know many are putting Max Springs on the Outty's and it is making it stiffer 400's and 800's. The fan is loud and at night you can tell cause the headlights flicker. If it scares you sittin on it don't get yer fingers near it LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
These things are great for the DIYselfer everything is easy to get at. I had a 99 Prarie before and you needed to plan a day to change a headlight. I changed all the oils, adjusted the valves and checked the belt drive on my 400Outty in 4 hours, including beer breaks.
By the way I think no I'm sure those valves were on a ROTAX engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info. Where can I get my hands on a set of those max springs??

Anything else we might need to know about the bike?
Found out some info on the stock 800 front springs today right from BRP themselves. Before I go any further, let me say that this does NOT pertain to every 800, only the earliest ones made. BRP is swapping out the softer springs for stiffer ones at no charge for those who want them. If you don't like the soft front suspension on your 800, call your dealer and have them call BRP w/ your VIN to see if your machine qualifies for this upgrade. We have a set of springs coming for a customer and let you know how much difference they make after we install them if your interested.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Range Rover

Short of making on myself, is there a cover made for the flewid check area on the 800? I probably will never use the front rack and might remove it for a more sporty look. Oh, and the front end will be lighter, LOL. I still can't find rims I like.

Quick Reply: First Impressions on Outlander 800.