CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Well-we've all figured out that this thing is fun! HMF, Dobeck, etc., have been covered. Wheels? If you want bead locks, Call Bones at OMF. Douglas, and AMS are also building rollers for the Outty. What you guys have to realize is this: This machine is ~realatively~ new, and the after-market has to be given a little time to catch up. Products are on the way folks, go ahead and hold your breath because it won't be long. It's that good!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Trust, me I know about waiting around for parts. When the Ds came out, there was nothing for it. Now theres a good group of products for it.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I watched a paid programming show last night where they had a shootout/rally with the Outlander 400 and 800 pitted against Kodiak 450, Honda 450?, and P800 and Kawi 750

They advertised the Engines in the Outlanders as being Rotax engines

As predicted the outlanders won everything in every catagory (remember paid advertising) except the tractor pull competition on the mid size quads where the Kodiak won.

I wished they had more quads to compare with like the KQ and Grizz and Hondas.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, there was plenty of competition to go around at the Clash and trust me the Outlanders sent a many of sport bike and every other utility bike (except CC1999's 800 Twin Peaks on NOS) back to the trailer with some sad looks on their faces. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: cc1999
it would seem that a friend of mine has figured out how to spray an EFI bomb 800, so there looks to be catch for me though, I will have to change to a differnt type of dobeck fuel control that allows for a Nos function.
Great that's just what I wanted to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now you'll have to bump your twin peaks up to a 900 to keep up. And with a 900 kit a little out of my price range I'll just have to watch from the sidelines. Kind like I had to do at the clash. LOL On a serious note though that would be a good showdown the 800 tp on nos VS. 800 outi on nos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
Originally posted by: cc1999
it would seem that a friend of mine has figured out how to spray an EFI bomb 800, so there looks to be catch for me though, I will have to change to a differnt type of dobeck fuel control that allows for a Nos function.
Great that's just what I wanted to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now you'll have to bump your twin peaks up to a 900 to keep up. And with a 900 kit a little out of my price range I'll just have to watch from the sidelines. Kind like I had to do at the clash. LOL On a serious note though that would be a good showdown the 800 tp on nos VS. 800 outi on nos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Oh, come on now, I am bringing an extra set of paddles for ya next time, if you have not got any by then you are welcome to use them. I know your machine would have been allot stonger if you would have been able to get the power to the ground. I ordered the Nos kit for my Outy, but I am thinking of getting another outy to mount it on. this time I am thinking of rigging up a Max version for a drag quad,it may weigh a little more but the nos and that long wheelbase should make it launch like its on rails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday rideforfood, my 130# buddy on the brute, and I were doing alot of racing. The river where we ride was way to high to get on the sand so we were running 100 yards on the dirt. I was having alot of trouble getting off of the line but the brute was wearing the sport bikes out. Come to find out I had my tire pressure at 3lbs and his was at about 6. Any way we were getting some real dirty looks which I have come to love. If you can get a 800 max and put it on the juice then I would love to see that. You could easily make enough money from "friendly bets" to pay for your nos and fuel. Better than thet I can only imagine the look on the sport guys faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fastfatboy, I meet your buddy at Foulk Saturday. His brute sure is a runner. Your right he was wearing out alot of sport bikes. I think he was probably the 3rd fastest bike out there Saturday. The Raptor 686 was the fastest, we found that out later in the day Saturday after it finally got broke in. The Yfz 450 was the 2nd fastest. Your buddies brute was the 3rd fastest. All in all I had a great time riding and meeting everyone out there.

Thought it was funny when a new bike showed up, the whole pack of bikes would gang up on it. Then everyone would set back and shoot the crap for awhile and then back to racing. That track needs to be teeled up then smoothed. It didnt allow the sport bikes a chance to get any traction. I spent most of the morning spinning out until the clutches let loose.

Sure would have been cool for you to be there Saturday. Well maybe next time.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Prairieridr, The new pics look good. Got to get some bling on that 90 though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
Yesterday rideforfood, my 130# buddy on the brute, and I were doing alot of racing. The river where we ride was way to high to get on the sand so we were running 100 yards on the dirt. I was having alot of trouble getting off of the line but the brute was wearing the sport bikes out. Come to find out I had my tire pressure at 3lbs and his was at about 6. Any way we were getting some real dirty looks which I have come to love. If you can get a 800 max and put it on the juice then I would love to see that. You could easily make enough money from "friendly bets" to pay for your nos and fuel. Better than thet I can only imagine the look on the sport guys faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Dirt is a whole another world, mine are so wild they are a bear to hold onto in dirt compared to sand.

Quick Reply: First Impressions on Outlander 800.