CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Impressions on Outlander 800.

Big, I wish I had known you were gonna be there. The rest of our crew would have made it a point come out for a little while. I know the brute was pretty quick on sunday too, most of the time he was beating me. Not that I'm super fast or anything. We lightened up the rider on mine and after a couple of practice runs that brute wasn't so bad anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But he was always within a couple of lenghts of my bike and new jockey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are right that "track" needs some definite work. It's suppost to be getting better but we'll see.

cc1999, I know just what you mean about dirt. I wasn't able to start spraying until about 25 or 30 yards out. If I did it would come up and I would have to get out of it. Bigbird got on my buddies brute so we could even up the rider weight a little. Needless to say he couldn't get out of the whole either. After a couple of close calls bigbird got off because he bent the handle bars down trying to hold on. I think he had a little more respect for the 4x4 utes then.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fastfatboy, I didnt know I would be going to the same spot you and your friends frequent. I knew that I would be on the Louisiana/Arkansas border. My cousin and his friend asked me to go. Next time I will send you a pm and get the word out.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good. We work every other weekend so hopefully we'll be off. Later

Old 03-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have already learned a greater respect for the utes after the Clash, enough said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But we will be getting another ride together on the banks of the river, SOON! Yall stay tuned. We will plan it to where all of your crew will be off Bigbird/Fastfatboy/Kawiking and whoever else we can muster up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
I admit, I finally found a reference to Outy 800, but you DID'NT (!) --- from your quote---->"...They cover a range between 175 and 650 cc...".

So I never until just recently found one, you NEVER found one, and they don't advertise on main Bombarider atv product introduction of 800 outty, but DO on 650 DS.

So the FACTS are 1) Bombardier isn't ADVERSTISING Outy 800 as Rotax design, if you have to Google extensively to find a single valid Rotax reference,
........................... 2) Outy 800 @64 HP is not near as impressive as BMW F800ST @85 HP WHICH THEY EXTENSIVELY Advertise as Rotax, like DS650 or F650,
........................... 3) Its the first Rotax V-design engine I've seen (as opposed to inlines and opposing inlines to date).
............................4) If Bombardier wants consumers to associate Outy 800 as a Rotax engine, then they should openly advertise as such.

But they don't, they won't, and every thing is relative. So based on a single reference you can't find, Outy 800 is a Rotax.
I still don't believe you have one, but the probabilities did go down from 95% confidence interval (CI) to 83%CI.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
From "ATV Connection Magazine....
"This big beast packs a 62HP, 52lbs torque monster twin cylinder Rotax engine"

From the Ultimate Ride Video, The Drag Race
"What gives these Outlanders so much torque, it starts with their High Output Rotax Engine."

From the Bomb Website, "ROTAX 4TEC 800 H.O. EFI V-TWIN"

From the Bomb Press Release announcing the 2006 Lineup...
"Rotax® 800 H.O. EFI motor - New electronic fuel-injection 80º V-twin in Outlander delivers the most power, torque and response in the industry."

And if that is not enough.
The Right rear fender, a sticker with 2 inch letters..... "ROTAX"
Molded in the CVT cover, left side of engine "ROTAX"
Molded in the Crank Cover, right side of engine "ROTAX"

How much evidence do you need?

Old 03-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

If thats not enough proof here is a link that also proves that its a ROTAX

It is based off of this 1000cc 80* V-twin from the sleds

The motor as I understand it came from the sleds and not the motorcyle as some might think. The motor cycle Rotax is a 60* twin not an 80* twin like the sled and atv's use. There is three versions of this motor as I understand it, bening used in sleds both domestic and in europe.

Under both the BRP brand name and the Linx brand of BRP there is the original 995.9cc ,then the 800cc and the 1288cc versions of the Rotax 80* v-twin.

Here is a link to the LINX Yeti 1288cc powered sled.

I had been told that the motor is something called a casset type where the heads are enterchangable.

Its the 1288cc heads I want to try and fit to my quad. Can ya picture how fast a 4x4 quad could run a 300 foot drag with 1288cc EFI on Nos. If I ever figure out how to make this happen I deffinatly am going to need a MAX chassis, a wheeleeeee bar, and maybe a some me type of special straps to hold me on it. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What do ya think Choose, ya think that would get me into that under 4 sec class with a 4 stroke. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

My Outy Max project is underway, picking up new Outy Max 800 today, Boss Noss should be here any day now. I still have no idea where get the heads yet. But its a start anyway.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man, you have brought a new meaning to fast 4x4. LOL! I think it will be nothing less than a beast. I cant wait. Hurry Up and GET ER DONE, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I have already learned a greater respect for the utes after the Clash, enough said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But we will be getting another ride together on the banks of the river, SOON! Yall stay tuned. We will plan it to where all of your crew will be off Bigbird/Fastfatboy/Kawiking and whoever else we can muster up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Choose just give me a early heads up on when you want to make the River. If my youngest brother is in I will be there. But, bikeless, Thats another story.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Think about some dates and get back with me!!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
My Outy Max project is underway, picking up new Outy Max 800 today, Boss Noss should be here any day now. I still have no idea where get the heads yet. But its a start anyway.
Sounds like its going to be a beast!! Has anyone started modifing the internals of the motor yet?? Big bore, cams, pistons??

Quick Reply: First Impressions on Outlander 800.