CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lucky to be alive

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lucky to be alive

LOL!
Glad you are okay, 2big.
I smoke and ride. Never could seem to fly like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

2big I know first hand what you are talking about. Last year while at St. Anthony, I also did the same thing on my dirt bike(dropped 75ft off razorback) bike is just now getting back together. Anyway, those ribs will heal slow but they will be ok, hope you get better.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I ended up probaly another 2 bikes down the hill in front of where trudy is at in pic 13, the bike came to rest upside down at the bottom. i think the reason i was not seriously hurt was becouse as soon as the bike got air born i jumped off away from it. all i know it was a long way down.I will have my baby put back together before you all know it.when you bend an axel does it usualy tear the bearrings up inside of the axel housing? are there any places to a deal on aftermarket baal joints? the more it comes apart the more crap i find. for those who have endoed where else should i check for damage to on the bike.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam 2big sorry to hear about the crash, I'm glad your OK. Thats what is the most important, now as far as the quad goes.......Now might be a good time to start looking into a drag frame. =]

Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

How?

freebird say

(Now might be a good time to start looking into a drag frame.)

How about roll bar, shoulder harness, and air bags.

Big one many not live through another win.

How?

Old 03-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

How?

Big one, here is joke to make you happy.

Its a bird chasing a plane, no its bullwinkle chasing squirrel, no its Big one and atv doing synchronized cart wheels.

Get well soon.

How?

Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

OUCH!! Glad your ok for the most part. After rolling a DS dont start the motor until you bleed the oil system.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
amd
Pro Rider

man sorry to hear that. Glad to see you walked away though...The DS can always be fixed..

Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

well i thought i would give you all an update. thanks to everyone i now have most of the parts needed to fix the bike. weel with every good news there comes bad news. after more x rays today the shoulder is definitely broken, so now we are gonna have to meet with the ortho pedic surgeon. i cant believe i had my head shoved so far up my a$$ that i ran off the dune. anyway thanks to all who rushed the parts to me for them to only sit there now

Old 03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

2big,

Shoulder injuries suck. Get about 2 to 4 pages of physical therapy excercises usually done with simple things like towels, therapy stretch bands, and beach *****, and work it religiously when you're are able. That's all multiple thousand dollar physical therapy is: excercises and ice packs. Find someone with simliar injuries and get excercise papers from their physical therapy. Some are very good, but most PT's are marginal techs, except anything helps. Range of motion first and then build up reps.

If you go to physical therapy, they will NOT give you all you excercise papers at one time, because once you have all these few pages, you don't need them anymore. Do your best to get them. Even though insurance may pay and ice packs feel good, its a waste of time being herded around by someone not paying attention to you and charging high prices for non expert supervision. Athletic trainers are exceptional, and other trainers are more for 'out of surgery' care.

When a big man's wheels are out (broke ankle and torn knee), he has to work on knees first, then ankles, and learn to walk again, 8 weeks minimum just to walk working out 4 hours per day and riding stationary bike 20 minutes twice a day. Its pretty hard, but nothing else to do. So you were lucky in that respect.

Shoulder is more painful, but near large muscle groups that can help assist. You need to work out pretty hard to build muscle group around shoulders. Just remember, bones heal stronger (drink milk and/or eat dairy products) and you were very lucky considering what could have happened.

Quick Reply: lucky to be alive