CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lucky to be alive

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lucky to be alive

well guys i hate to say it but im down another bike. was out at pismo today at the new drag location and like an idiot i have to be the tough guy and take my 730 nitrous bike out there. you could not ask for a smoother surface to drag in than no woops 3 little upsteps enough to get you in 5 th gear and then theres about a 75 foot real steap drop off, needless to say i landed half way down the hill and my bike continued on end over end all the way to the bottom without me. this is the most expensive 25 minutes of riding in my life.. both pairs of upper and lower a arms broken, both tie rods broken, brand new front aluminum rim folded rear triple buff hauler blowed right off the rim, and finally a bent rear axel. as far as for me a big gash up the front of my shin , a torn rotaor cuff and a broken rib, and a whole lot of sorrow in my heart after i got my baby back home. i tell myself its ok becouse i won the race but im having a little trouble convincing myself. shortly after i was able to get everything loaded up another person had to be medivacked out i dont know what happened but i like to consider myself lucky with just the little bit i got. all you cali draggers please be careful at the new site by the refinery. the broken parts listed was just from a visibal inspection, im afraid of what the real investigation is gonna show, im on a roll now 2 down and broken i have one left as of rite now. any way you all be careful. another bad day for me

Old 03-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Glad your OK DUDE!! That sucks. BUT The good news is that I have an extra axle, And a-arms up front AND tripple buff fronts with lazer cut rims. So looks like we can get her back together. !!!

Freakin torn rotator cup?? DANG dude thats painfull. call me if your up.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

At least you don't sound TOO banged up. The ds can be fixed, as long as your cool that is all that matters. Was there no warning of the drop off? Was it at the end of the drag strip? If so it sounds like a sh!tty place for the strip.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMAC650
At least you don't sound TOO banged up. The ds can be fixed, as long as your cool that is all that matters. Was there no warning of the drop off? Was it at the end of the drag strip? If so it sounds like a sh!tty place for the strip.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, what he said!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh man, Im very sorry to hear this happening to you. You have had such a rash of bad luck as of late. Oh well, like everyone has stated, atleast your alive and ok. We can replace material things. The bike is nothing but parts. Im sure the DS brothers can and will take care of their own. Im with ya on this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch, I've had the rotator cuff surgery, definately no fun and only about a 60% success rate. My last crash resulted in two broken ribs, a concussion and a purple rear end.....thing is I have zero recollection as to what happened, last/first thing I remember was asking my buddy if the DS was tipped over and his response was "Mike, you've asked me that like 10 times".

Good luck in your recovery, metal is a lot easier to fix then bones.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang Scott, i'm sorry to hear that. Hope you recover fast, and get back on the sand.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch!
Glad to hear you are OK, they rotator cuff and the rib are both painful.
Bikes can always be repaired, people cannot. You were lucky.

Good luck in the recovery and I am sure as soon as you can you will be back to fixing the DS up. Probably making it faster! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u won? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] quit worring about your ds and heal up brotha. i have some extra wheels and tires if u need em. im starting to have flashbacks, its a little rough watching your ds go flying at top speed, u can almost here the register start ringing up the tab even before it stops flipping...oh yah, dont cough or sneeze....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

wow...doesn't sound like a very good ending for a dag strip. And a very bad ending to a nice win. Hope ya heal quick. Wish I could help with parts but I have none. Sounds like Mario has ya covered though.

Quick Reply: lucky to be alive