CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Forum Vote

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Vote

Alright, The old man, crash, and I left this weekend with a dispute of whether or not a particular icident was a crash or not. I was leading the pack Monday at Winchester, and went accross a sidehilling a on the hill. I did not scan the hill well enough prior to taking it on, and it looked like I was about to hit some huge ruts, and desided to bail out of the side hill. I turned down, and at the bottom was a nice little witch's eye. I hit hard, had the whole bike up on the side of the left fron tire sticking straight up in the air. Without falling off the bike, or hurting anything of mine, I shifted my weight back on the seat, and the bike sat back down on all four wheels. I did however end up with both front tires being flat....

Now it is up to the forum, should this be tallied as a crash or no crash???

Old 03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

If you didn't fall off, its NOT a crash... I've flattened plenty of tires without crashing.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

Originally posted by: FatHolly
If you didn't fall off, its NOT a crash... I've flattened plenty of tires without crashing.
I agree with you!!!

Come on guys I need everyone one to give me a vote on this.....I just have one question Crash or No Crash

Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Forum Vote

My vote is definately NO CRASH!!! As a matter of fact the tally should go the other way as an awesome SAVE!!! Good job man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

True, you stayed on means not a crash. However, did you stop moving in the intended direction? Obviously not on the planned trail but the new last minute new trail. Did you stop? If you did, my vote is crash. If you kept going out of the alledged crash area then stopped to assess the tire damage then NOT a crash. At least thats how I see it.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

Originally posted by: Halfliter
True, you stayed on means not a crash. However, did you stop moving in the intended direction? Obviously not on the planned trail but the new last minute new trail. Did you stop? If you did, my vote is crash. If you kept going out of the alledged crash area then stopped to assess the tire damage then NOT a crash. At least thats how I see it.
It was an instant stop in movement, shifted weight everything back on the ground, hit the throttle and almost got out before getting stuck....

Old 03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Forum Vote

I kind of disagree with that halfliter, even if he did stop going in the intended direction (the new intended direction), I cannot see that as a crash............If you are going down a trail and come across a barrier you have to change direction right?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Range Rover
Default Forum Vote

PROPS TO YOU DRAGON, AGAIN.............NICE SAVE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

O.K., since you hit the throttle then got stuck/ stopped, you did not crash. I mean, who hits the throttle after they crash? I want to say good save but then does that mean you would have crashed but saved it? Or did you simply change direction, hit an obstical that flattened your tires and you lost your momentum? How do you want to paint this?

All B.S. aside, good save man!

Old 03-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Forum Vote

ok gyus..I have been saying i was going to make an appearance and this is the moment that it is really worth it. He is leaving out part of the story to this CRASH.... He hit the bottom and the bike did go up on the right front tire completly on its side. (even a complete imprint in the sand of the rim) using left hand and foot in the sand put bike back on all fours..then got off holding and whinning about his arm and then pulled the bike around to try to get out of his little hole..I had to help him dig it out and get turned around..So I am sorry DRAGON, but this is considered a CRASH no matter how you look at it. Just deal!

Quick Reply: Forum Vote