CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is there anybody listening?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anybody listening?

Hey I know Laboratory Orphan! Looks like your from the same town they are from. Trona. Saw them at the battle of the bands recently. Pretty dam good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] still no album out yet?.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I have a video Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  with the ear buds that come with it and the sound is great. Very good lows without being muddy and crisp highs without being painful.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

You really know your music. Who is your favorive band? which band do you think is the most talenty as far as best players? and who do think is the most talented individual player? Any genre.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Goodsound, I know this wasn't a question aimed at me but I love music and since you brought it up I'll throw out a list of my favorites.

Guitar - Dimebag (Pantera), always has been and always will be the ultimate shredder
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush), hands down the greatest
Bass - (split) Les Claypool(Primus), Geddy Lee(Rush)... I was 14 and saw Primus open for Rush... incredible!

Favorite band is Bad Religion... they don't really shine individually but as a band they kick serious ****.

I really like anything with fast guitars... I'm 30 and my taste in music has softened a little, but I still love to rock out. The radio played some Pantera at work the other day and I wanted to rip off my shirt and tie, and start a pit... but my corporate side (the side who makes the $$$ to buy more bike parts) decided that would not portray the responsible refined image I have cultivated over the past few years. Man... a few years ago and I would have torn the whole office apart.

Rock out with your c@ck out! If it's too loud your too old!

Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

I also am a huge music lover I have worked in the music business for the last 10 years doing front of house sound which means im the guy out in front of the band behind the sound board making the band sound good or at least trying. All those guys you mentioned ar great its hard to say who the best is so many diferant players in differant kinds of music.

Country, Jazz, Blue Grass, and Blues have some of the greatest talent also. I really dont have a favorite genre I can appreciate anything as long as there is talent involved.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: Goodsound
You really know your music. Who is your favorive band? which band do you think is the most talenty as far as best players? and who do think is the most talented individual player? Any genre.
Wow! This is a hard couple of questions and my answers aren't up for debate, these are strictly my own opinions.

My favorite band is a toss up between Queensryche and Thin Lizzy. But I have a Tri Ryche tattoo so...

Most talented is hands down Queensryche (w/DeGarmo). No band has ever had each member have the talent these guys posses.

Now the hard part, the individual talent. I think this is actually impossible with my appreciation of music. How about I be allowed a couple of names per.

Guitar: David Gilmour, Randy Rhodes, Chris DeGarmo, Michael Wilton, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Jeff Beck, Ted Nugent, George Lynch (my all time favorite), Vinnie Moore, Ritchie Blackmore, Michael Shenker, Warren DiMartini, Gary Moore, BB King, and of course Ace Frehley. Christ, this could go on forever!

Bass: Steve Harris, Phil Lynot, Roger Waters, Jeff Pilson, John Paul Jones, Rudy Sarzo, Eddie Jackson, Les Claypool, Stanley Clarke, Kip Winger, Billy Sheehan, Roger Glover, Tom Pederson, Greg Lake.

Keys: Don Airey, Keith Emerson, Geddy Lee, Rick Wakeman, Greg Allman.

Skins: Scott Rockenfield, Tommy Aldridge, John Henry Bonham, Lars Ulrich, Robert Sweet.

Thanks for the input so far on the MP3 players. I think I'm going with one of the Dell models. Earphones will be trial and error for finding the best bass response.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

wow you guys really know your rock players. David gilmore is very interesting choice I too am a fan of his. He is extemly tasteful. Billy Sheehan is another. I very impressed.

How about some non rockers Like Keith Urban, Mark O'conner, Brent Mason, and Eddie Bears.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: Goodsound How about some non rockers Like Keith Urban, Mark O'conner, Brent Mason, and Eddie Bears.
I did throw in BB King (Blues), and Stanely Clarke (Jazz). How about Roy Clark? That guy shreds anything with strings on it. Or maybe Ian Anderson on flute, Graham Parker on saxaphone.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ian Anderson only because Tull won the grammy for "Best Metal Album" over "And Justice For All." Huh?? LOL. "Feeling like a dead duck... sifting out pieces of his broken luck." Metallica didn't have much luck that year. He definetly gets best rock flautist for sure.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Have you ever heard anything by Mark O'Conner He also can play anything with strings but his main thing is fiddle. He is mostly Bluegrass and Country but if I had to pick the most talented musican I would say its him.

My favorites are:

Country- Keith Urban and Diamond Rio

Rock- 3 Doors Down

Classic Rock- Eagles, Boston, and Joe Walsh

Metal- Metalica

Southern Rock- Moly Hatchet, Skynard, and 38 Specail

Bluegrass- Alison Kraus and Union Station

actually I think modern music in most genres kinda sucks. I think the 70s, 80s, and 90s was when the best music came out.

Quick Reply: Is there anybody listening?