CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is there anybody listening?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anybody listening?

Hey to all you rock only guys nobody brought up Eddie Van Halen. Talk about somebody that can whale, and the originater of tapping I think he is awsome.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

HA, I was waiting on somebody to come to his hapless defense. Two words: Yngwie Malmsteen.
Eddie was the man for a short period back in the day, but with his drama and head games he's just gone to shiat. He's such a turd now, I didn't know anybody had any respect left for him.

Goodsound, if you go to Fugly.com and watch the video of that 8 year old playing guitar he makes Eddie look like, well, an 8 year old.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Im talking about Eddie before his Peavy days. I have a DVD of a Van Halen concert from 1988 and the stuff he does on this DVD makes my jaw hit the ground.

Tryed to find the 8 year old guitar player on fugly.com and couldnt find

Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Well, I will probably get roasted for this one by all the Van Hagar bashers, but I would throw Sammy on that list of singers with great range also. He may not put on a great show, but does have a good voice.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
HA, I was waiting on somebody to come to his hapless defense. Two words: Yngwie Malmsteen.
Eddie was the man for a short period back in the day, but with his drama and head games he's just gone to shiat. He's such a turd now, I didn't know anybody had any respect left for him.

Goodsound, if you go to Fugly.com and watch the video of that 8 year old playing guitar he makes Eddie look like, well, an 8 year old.
Ace you nailed it. Eddie is a complete head case. When he started to believe all the hype the mainstream guitar rags began to spew about him he completly fell off. Then Sammy came into the picture and the whole thing fell apart. 1984 was the only Van Halen album worth its vinal. Listen to Van Halen's "Eruption" then listen to Van Hagar's "Right Now"... complete crap. Its really not even close to being the same band.

Now Yngwie is the real deal. He basically invented the scalloped fretboard. He did things with 6 strings that Eddie had only started to explore. He made other guitarists change direction, and look to other techniques because everyone knew they could not even come close to the incredible fretboard runs that he played. Anyone who tried looked silly IMHO. His pick attack is impecable, and almost undiscernable. While I am not necessarily the biggest Malmsteen fan, I have been playing guitar for almost 17 years and I have always understood the influence he has had on the music I love.

My 2c's

Old 03-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Yngwie has been known to cause a few headaches or two along the way also, but that kid can play. I was very fortunate to catch him live three times in his stint with Alcatrazz (Graham Bonnet), while he was still young and hungry, and before the Eddie syndrome set in. Twice with Nugent and once with Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. I was just blown away. He was probably my generations Hendrix. Then I caught him while he had Rising Force (Jeff Scott Soto), once each with Deep Purple, Dio, and Judas Priest. He has a style that just mesmerizes. Only other I guy I know that plays with Malmsteen's conviction and soul is Ritchie Blackmore.

Boy, there's not many opinions on MP3 players out there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Fun thread though.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I would go with an Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word . Sound quality is first and for most with me and I am happy with my Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word . I must admit though I havent heard much of anything else.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I'll second that. I got the mini, and love it... super small (not as small as the Nano, but still small) great sound, and reasonably priced... only gripe is that I have filled it up, and am now narrowing my library to only the best stuff. It keeps my library free from the BS.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

My wife and I have a video Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  but at the price of it Im scared to take it in the sand. It hold a ton of songs I wanna say that the sales guy told me somehting like 20,000 songs can that be right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Wow thats great as soon as I read the title I thought of Queensryche. Im 37 and play in a band. I was playing when the hair bands ruled. I have a music degree and have been playing in bands since I was in high school. You guys listen to some killer stuff. In fact I got my screen name on the forums because I was at Aledo camping out at one of the rides several years ago in my band trailer. It has a big Mr Meaner logo on the side so everyone started calling me that. We still play and have a website of our own. Go to mrmeaner.com and check it out. It needs to be updated but has a list of some of the stuff we play. I like alot of the stuff you guys listen to but has anyone heard Dream Theatre. Those guys just blow my mind. Check them out if you get a chance

Quick Reply: Is there anybody listening?