CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Laker Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laker Plastic

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
the black ones just don't hold their finish.
You not kidding... my black plastics look like I got in a fight with a sandblaster. I wish those Lakers weren't so much loot!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).
Default Laker Plastic

I don't know what the $ was from on-dunes , but i ordered from Lker direct( in town for me) the full set was $345.00 they do not make a tank cover though, unless it is new in the last 3 months. if you are running an IMS tank it fills the area of the tank cover anyways. the Laker plasic is more rigid and if you as Kalani at Laker i'm sure he could cut them.. dies for this stuff are VERY expensive and depend on demand... maybe if more people wanted or asked about a "dune package" set of plastics they would probably offer it. just my 2 cents.. the fit on miy plastic was right on & i really like the way they look. and for ILIVSD the look is almost everthing that way you already have thier attention when the mighty DS beats them. check out my pics as i have Laker plastics... LOVE THEM

Old 03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Laker Plastic

i was wanting a set of the blue ones but they dont make a tank cover so now we have to change the color of the bike i guess. those boys back there will figure something out for me

Old 03-31-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Laker Plastic

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
the black ones just don't hold their finish.
You not kidding... my black plastics look like I got in a fight with a sandblaster. I wish those Lakers weren't so much loot!
Well I said after buying a new set of black DS plastics from the dealer last year I would never have black again. They were so easy to scrape & scratch up. I thought that it was because of the darker color. Thats why I went silver plastics because it was a different color & may not show scratches as easy. I'm bore & looking at my shiny new silver plastics so I try to test the finish out. I rake my finger nail against them lightly with no damage. Then I walk over to my black OEM plastics & rake them lightly which is noticable. I try the OEM yellow plastics now that I pulled off and the same. I walk over to my brother DS (that I'm storing for him until his new garage doors are installed) with red OEM plastic that I lightly brush them which is noticable. Now I try to scratch the silver plastics harder with little results. I dig in harder on the silver plastics & see little to no damage at all. The finish or materials of the laker plastics are a alot harder IMO. The OEM plastics are softer finish or materails. I'm very happy that I went with the silver laker plastics. I know the lakers arn't cheap but if or when I chose black plastics it will be the lakers. I feel that they (lakers) will hold their finish that the OEM will not. IMO. Has anyone else had the lakers & tested for them? I have to thank on-dunes for my purchase! Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Laker Plastic

Laker plastic is a different composition than the OEM stuff, so it could be a little harder. OEM is polyethelene I think the Laker is polypropelene.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Laker Plastic

Originally posted by: KaylasDaddy
I don't know what the $ was from on-dunes , but i ordered from Lker direct( in town for me) the full set was $345.00 they do not make a tank cover though, unless it is new in the last 3 months. if you are running an IMS tank it fills the area of the tank cover anyways. the Laker plasic is more rigid and if you as Kalani at Laker i'm sure he could cut them.. dies for this stuff are VERY expensive and depend on demand... maybe if more people wanted or asked about a "dune package" set of plastics they would probably offer it. just my 2 cents.. the fit on miy plastic was right on & i really like the way they look. and for ILIVSD the look is almost everthing that way you already have thier attention when the mighty DS beats them. check out my pics as i have Laker plastics... LOVE THEM

While rather facinating i have seen kaylas's ds and the plastics are very good quality.unique but qualiy THERES A MAN WHO"S SECURE WITH HIS MANHOOD..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).
Default Laker Plastic

thanks bro i appreciate the compliment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]