CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

I am interested to see how the sleeve holds up under boost and hard launches. I guess we will know this weekend. I think it has a decent chance of holding up.jmo

Im wondering if (with less surface area) if the head would warp faster. Probly not.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I am interested to see how the sleeve holds up under boost and hard launches. I guess we will know this weekend. I think it has a decent chance of holding up.jmo

Im wondering if (with less surface area) if the head would warp faster. Probly not.
I am curious to see if the cylinder will want to get out of round under heavy load. I am witholding judgement until I see it hold up.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. Freebird said
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Your just like a fly, you eat chit and bother people. Theres your fee.

Here's your change.

Northern transplants are like Hemorrhoids, once they come down they never go up, and they are always a pain in the azz.

You might want to stay away from the klotz 118 octane fuel. Hint: its not an Adrenaline buzz(!), its your brain cells melting. If possible, think about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The subject was Millennium AL cylinders boring and nikasil plating update which has been done for a half century; and now Millennium is among the best faultless provider even with extreme custom applications. Same low fee on quantity discounts and gaining market share every day.

If 19:1 CR doesn't prove it to everyone, then lay your stochastical or empirical parameters down now which will prove it to you. At least we know the leading machinest and the foundry was OEM quality. What will it take to prove it to you? I am interested as well.

Having worked at an AL cylinder head foundry, thicker is not always better by no means. I know the 700cc AL $215 cylinder with Nikasil is in the bank. Right now, for the big bore on stock cylinder I am approximately between 2 and 3 standard deviations sure (>85%) based on machinest, casting, and racing experts along with Scooby's recent turbo conversion with specified expert changes, for the communities interest. Thanks Scooby!

I will assume the big bore test on stock cylinder is complete, and we will be informed otherwise. The overriding fact is there has never been a machinest-direct cylinder company with the expertise of Millennium to date. They manufacture racing tolerances to specific actual pistons (!) (racing cylinders guaranteed for every type motorcycle too). So no, a foundry does not have the same required expertise to perform such a skilled machinest task. Who would let them try to gain experience?

Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Who would let them try to gain experience?
ERBE and Scooby have. Remember there is only a guaranty on the nikisil coating, not on the cylinder. If the cylinder fails, Millenium will want to know so they don't do another one.............especially on their own risk. I will agree though, they are a great company.

Ron

Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Mr. Freebird said
Your just like a fly, you eat chit and bother people. Theres your fee.

Here's your change.

Northern transplants are like Hemorrhoids, once they come down they never go up, and they are always a pain in the azz.

You might want to stay away from the klotz 118 octane fuel. Hint: its not an Adrenaline buzz(!), its your brain cells melting. If possible, think about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't stoop to your level son, But thank you for proving your a fool for me. Saves me the trouble.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

yjacket,
So what exactly are "Racing Tolerences"???? I have never heard of those any any of the GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) books I have read through....

Tom

Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombdsbaja
yjacket,
So what exactly are "Racing Tolerences"???? I have never heard of those any any of the GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) books I have read through....

Tom
Just fine accuracy tolerances. Go to their site, and they explain it well. But they do it to your exact specified piston, so its not cookie cut. The tolerances for racing are generally tighter than normal: very fine. Not two components arriving and then hope all tolerances mesh up for specific riding you want to do. You specify the piston or supply your own, give them specifics of engine enhancers if applicable; and the tolerances of bore and plating will match it perfectly in surface angles, fit, and thickness. Its not the same old unanswered questions about cookie cut parts: S, M, and L. These guys can answer every processing detail you ask them about.

Scooby and ERBE are two of the smartest and kindest guys I know, so I have been real excited about this from the start. Everyone and every bike uses Millennium all over the world, and now DS650 owners can too. Its a Honda discount for Bombardier quality, lol.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you suggesting that pistons fit tighter in the cylinders right from the machine shop on race motors? Would ring gaps be considered tolerances on a race motor to?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2006, 11:39 PM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OMR
http://willson.cm.utexas.edu/Teaching/Chem353M/Files/PrecisionAccuracy.pdf
Do you have a version written in english? LOL

Quick Reply: Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update