CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
DSNUT,

Wastegates are for Turbo chargers exclusively, not Superchargers.

Its the only supercharger I know of being designed for DS650 engine, so I'm not going to pizz him off telling him how to do anything.
His banshee blower video sounded like a kitten at max boost (no smoke neither, just like 3.62 banshee video), so he knows what he's doing.
I have nothing to lose if your motor blows up. I am simply suggesting that you consider the potential risks of a lapse in fuel delivery at full boost on a fully manual, carburated system.......kaboom. It might be wise to ask how that is dealt with..........unless you already know?

All it took for me to have to replace a motor was a partially plugged fuel injector at 6psi of boost. Btw, I had mine installed and tuned by a professional who had helped develop the system and had installed many of them. When I returned with a blown motor, he said "oops, never thought of that"lol

Just watch your back on this stuff and ask lots of questions.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck

BTW, my supercharger had a manifold pressure blow off valve. Wastegate is just a term I used as something to relieve pressure when necessary and maybe not the correct one but I think you get the idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

OK, thanks. I understood, but didn't understand solution.

These run on all types of vehicles on the road for the past 20 years. If that was a concern, I'd say forget it.
Other than the value big bore, 450r carb, and dual Aprilia Pegaso Staintune mufflers, the only difference would be a 10:1 CR Piston vs an 8.5:1.
(carb and exhaust may change too)

It would be a blast though on the stealth sewing machine.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
OK, thanks. I understood, but didn't understand solution.

These run on all types of vehicles on the road for the past 20 years. If that was a concern, I'd say forget it.
Other than the value big bore, 450r carb, and dual Aprilia Pegaso Staintune mufflers, the only difference would be a 10:1 CR Piston vs an 8.5:1.
(carb and exhaust may change too)

It would be a blast though on the stealth sewing machine.
Yah, I knew better than to offer a possible solution to the risk. It just gives people something to argue with. I will stick to the questions to ask in the future.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

When do you plan to make your purchase?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

"Yah, I knew better than to offer a possible solution to the risk. It just gives people something to argue with. I will stick to the questions to ask in the future.......

When do you plan to make your purchase?"

1. Its not developed yet

2. When are you going to tell me your required certifications and organizations of your "home builder" job, that you've been home sick last 5 months?

3. When are you going to post on EXTREMEGARAGE.com?

4. Why didn't you warn me of all that wild azz stroker, high CR, high hp drag racing options I was considering first, that you SAID was a GOOD idea? Those unlike all your other ones, would have been valid scare tactics. There seems to be a strong pattern in your selective and baseless scare tactics - duh!

5. When are you going to " stick to the questions to ask in the future......."? Words are still steaming hot, and you just talk out the other side of your mouth. Give me a break.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I got a question... when are you two getting married... you guys bicker like an old married couple.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO

Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ROFLMAO

Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
I got a question... when are you two getting married... you guys bicker like an old married couple.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO
LMAO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I know. I am trying to quit but it is too much fun!

Yjacket - Why would I want to answer your questions and play your game when you are always so willing to play mine. As zeroed in on me as you have been lately, I just want to see how obsessed with me and my life i can get you to be......

Btw, don't get your hopes up, I am happily married to the same beautiful woman for 10 years now. That is not going to change anytime soon. Besides, I don't play for the other team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also, those upgrades you mentioned just ran a 3.96 at planet sand. I didn't see a supercharged DS put those kinds of times down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Not quite. It also took Nitrous, 16:1 CR, and boring holes in all metal load bearing structures to reduce weight. It also took a team of builders running state wide errands to fetch parts, and unselfishly supporting this racer quad despite their own racing efforts were sidelined. So it was, in total cost, way beyond the mere $12K I had planned skimping on critical parts due to cost, and would not have lasted too long. Duh!

Remember the 3.62 sec 350cc? Sewing machine, no smoke, quiet? Remember? Lets do the math 855/350= 244% larger as well. Half as many strokes to boot! We have a couple of videos if you want to see that. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY THING as sweet as that sewing machine? I thought not.

Go read a chapter in the Bible before you post each time, so you can start sweating your after life.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Which chapter?

Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

The whole book is a humbling experience, not just the New Testiment.
No one doubts your word Mr. HP nor your integrity, ethics, or ability.

As your friend, does DSNUT live in KY?

Quick Reply: Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update