CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ATV Alarm Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Alarm Systems

Just the irony in using a BRP cover, doesn't exactly hide what you are covering if that was the intent behind the covers. I mean if you just put a generic tarp over them someone MIGHT be a bit less inclined to nose around to see whats underneath. If it says BRP, Skidoo or Yamaha they MIGHT be a bit more nosey and yeah, a pair of $90 covers might be and easy theft IMO.

My buddies and I have had this conversation, my friend locks his quads up in the garage with a lock and chain.......my take is this, in order for someone to steal the quads out of my garage first they have to break into my garage then they would have to break into both vehicles parked in front of the garage and move both of them THEN they would have to get the quads out of the garage and loaded into their own vehicle<s>. Both my cars have the ignition bypass keys, so if you don't use the key I have, you can't start them.

Hauling or sleeping overnight at a hotel or something is a bit different. I always try to back up against a wall or something so there is no real access to get the tailgate down, major deterrent right there and again, just a thief walking by would have a very tough time, it would most likely take someone very well prepared to pull off some of these thefts. I knew a guy who parked his quad on the porch of his home, maybe this was only when he was home but thats WAY too risky IMO.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

I think it's a shame that we have to worry about this stuff... If only there were more good, honest people out there. Good luck on the alarm though, I might have to hook one up on mine, depending on how yours works out for you!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Bartlett is around still im told and he makes parts for some online store. and square link chain 3/8ths and a vaulted locks are the only things i trust....H-tower those graycables they are way easier than you think to overcome they can't be cut with bolt cutters but the make a skive buster and it is just like bolt cutters it gose in the loop end you apply presure and the skive gose plink quiter than bolt cutters thanks to the rubber coating please don't ever let me hear of you locking your bike up with kryptonite cables again...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Square can be picked up at most quality bike stores these days.

Vaulted locks can be picked up at most lock shops.they normaly have big steel sides that protect the shank even thought it would probably take 6' boltcutter to overcome the shank.

Oh yea i use an electric mico brake on my truck i dare you to try and steal it and its pined for safety