CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

800 bombardier top speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 bombardier top speed

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx

Now thats sweet. =]
Yes it is.. Finally someone to rescue the rappy when it decides to jump into a dumb dumb hole [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I have to catch myself callin it a ute.. Cuz its really not a ute. More of a sporty with 4x4. Hill shootin SOB.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not saying that it doesn't have potential but what I was getting at was that "BRP's partners" aren't the ones that will get it there. For one there weren't 60 quads that entered the race when it got 9th at San Felipe. Penlands finish was good but he did come close to timing out and the other thing is that Epic had nothing to do with his quad except by name. It was basically a stock Outlander as far as geometry goes. I was mainlly disputing TPR's claims. Like I said, I think it could do better but I'll have to be honest that I don't think it'll be a quad that will overall the quad class. I also still believe that BRP is wasting the money that there giving to Epic to build the Outlander into a competetive quad.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Temp
I'm not saying that it doesn't have potential but what I was getting at was that "BRP's partners" aren't the ones that will get it there. For one there weren't 60 quads that entered the race when it got 9th at San Felipe. Penlands finish was good but he did come close to timing out and the other thing is that Epic had nothing to do with his quad except by name. It was basically a stock Outlander as far as geometry goes. I was mainlly disputing TPR's claims. Like I said, I think it could do better but I'll have to be honest that I don't think it'll be a quad that will overall the quad class. I also still believe that BRP is wasting the money that there giving to Epic to build the Outlander into a competetive quad.

A record 362 entered the race, with 340 ATVs, bikes, buggies and trucks actually starting. Of that number 219 finished within the allotted 10-hour limit, with 36 of 60 ATVs getting finishes.
I took that right from the article I posted the link to, if its wrong the editor must not have checked there facts before printing. I was just going by what the article said.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I apologize, you were closer then I was or I should say the article was. The numbers actually were 50 quads started and 37 finished (score-international.com). The Outlander finished 11th overall and 9th in class. Greg Row and Tony Baker rode there tail off at that race and they did have a issue that cost them some time. Like I said before, I do believe the Outlander can do a little better but in my opinion BRP can get better use of there money with a different "Partner" doing the design work.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

Just got my 800, yes top speed seems to be 68 70 mph, but I think I need a tire balance or something (shakes like crazy)

Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

truckguy, it will run faster when you get a couple hundred miles on it.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
TPR
The Champ

Without making this into some big pissing contest, and taking Temp's dislike for Epic (Mod's I'm only using the name for simplicty sake..) for his personal and competative reasons and setting them aside, I'll try to clarify some things. First of all, Mike Penland won the sportsman class with had only a couple of entries, but he did finish and had assistance from Epic to set up his quad for the 1000. His was a completely stock quad save for a set of Elkas, a larger fuel tank, Maxxis tires on beadlock wheels and various lighting and safety devices and was still a 4x4 which he may or may not have used.
The other quads were more extensively modified. As was posted in other articles online and in print magazines, they had the front axles removed to accomodate a wider a-arm setup, which also allowed for the use of longer bodied Elka's. They left the front diff in place, blocking off the openings where the axles normally mount to it. The rear end was completely new as well. They also had to gusset the frame as well because they found the weaknesses in it when pushed to Baja speeds and demands that weren't designed into the frame for utility and normal sporty useage.
It's also one thing to take a traditional sport quad and get it ready for racing. It's somthing else to take a brand new utility and make it somthing completely different which is what BRP wanted to do from the beginning, and while you may say they should spend that money elsewhere or with different partners, that would be saying that BRP doesn't know how to handle their business. That's a pretty bold statement in my book.
My guess is that this is a way for BRP to try different things which they are known and applauded for. They are getting constant real time. race condition R&D which I would only hope trickles down to whatever new sport models they have on the horizon. Will the Outlander ever win at a Baja or BITD race against it's sport counterparts? Who knows, but don't be surprised if it does happen sometime this year.

Just remember, that is only my opinion.

TPR

Old 04-21-2006, 02:08 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

IM NEW HERE BUT ARE WE GOING GOING APPLES TO APPLES? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A 600 POUND PLUS ATV!!! ITS NOT GOING TO DO 85MPH STOCK ON DIRT AND IF YOURS DOES ON RADAR YOU GOT A FREAK. THE TEST RESULTS OR STANDINGS FOR THE RACES ARE PUTTING THE 800 UP AGAINST 2WD STUFF THAT WEIGHS 200 LESS? WE ARE TAKING THE BEST OVERALL YES OVERALL BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMTHING YOU WANT TO CHANGE BUT CANT. WE TAKIN THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL SO IF YOU WANT TO BE UP THERE ON THE LIST GET A QUAD LIKE A DS 650 BAJA!!! NOW LETS TAKE ALL THE TOP GUNS IN THE SPORT CLASS LIKE THE AC,POLARIS 800,KING QUAD 700,ETC... AND RUN THEM AND WE CAN TAKE THEM NO PROB. ALSO I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALL OF U BUT I TOW,PLOW,USE THE WINCH AND MORE AND I CNAT DO THAT WITH A DS 650 KIND OF QUAD. THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IS THAT I GOT A UTILITY ATV THAT RIDES SUPER WELL HAS AWSOME POWER AND GOOD SO FAR FUEL FOR ONLY 59 MILES WITH A 3 YEAR WARRANTY+PLUS THE BONUS MAIL IN WARRANTY TO MAKE IT 42 MONTHS!!! FOR FREE. AND LOW 70'S STOCK WITH AN XT PACKAGE IS JUST FINE FOR A 600 POUND PLUS ATV. IF YOU WANT MORE THAN SHELL OUT THE $$$$$$$$$$,IF WE COMPARE REAL ATV BIG BORE CLASS WE GOT THE BEST OVERALL ATV IN MY OPINION.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

DAMMM 4me.. Did you not notice your caps lock was on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or you yellin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

If its not to wet.. Maybe i will do some harrow tests with the outty. The sportsman 700 did well towing the 8x8 leveling harrow. so i would think the outty would have no problem.

As for top speed. How often does anyone get to top speed unless your in the dunes. real world enviroment in the trails and chit you'll be primarily in low range and that some biatch gets out and moves in low range [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I supose thats depends on what part of the country you are in cowboy, I know some areas in Utah and Colorado that have some long flat streches you can really stretch the legs on these machines.

I am not going to jump in on the EPIC or not EPIC deal since I really only know what I have read and do appreciate that BRP is big into racing since thats where allot of the best modds get tested and developed for us to be able to improve our machines.

Quick Reply: 800 bombardier top speed