CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

KMS Turbo Systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Turbo Systems

yjacket2001 can you get a vid when you run the 10.5 to 1 with 91 fuel, compounded with turbo boost?

I'm a pyro at heart and love to watch smoke and molten aluminum coming out of a pipe. There is just something cool watching someones motor do a burn down when I don't have to pay for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
For some reason it's just not the same when it's your own???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Wonder why that is?

Old 04-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
yjacket2001 can you get a vid when you run the 10.5 to 1 with 91 fuel, compounded with turbo boost?

I'm a pyro at heart and love to watch smoke and molten aluminum coming out of a pipe. There is just something cool watching someones motor do a burn down when I don't have to pay for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
For some reason it's just not the same when it's your own???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Wonder why that is?

2 different systems. The supercharger is not developed nor decided upon yet. The root charger sounds like a good alternative that will be custom built for DS650 carb fueled, and I want to follow the results.

The 11:1CR would be what I'm planning for now with a 450r carb without any power enhancements, and a new 8 to 9:1 CR piston would be required for supercharger later: probably closer to 8.01:1 CR.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Originally posted by: Doctorturbo

2 different systems. The supercharger is not developed nor decided upon yet. The root charger sounds like a good alternative that will be custom built for DS650 carb fueled, and I want to follow the results.

The 11:1CR would be what I'm planning for now with a 450r carb without any power enhancements, and a new 8 to 9:1 CR piston would be required for supercharger later: probably closer to 8.01:1 CR.
It would have been nice if you mentioned that from the begining... this is a turbo thread... where did the supercharger thing come from... now your talking about carberation...WTF dude, make up you mind. Quit trying to piece together a backwoods system and just buy the freakin' components you need. Man, you got a serious case of ADHD or something... are you ever gonna put something together? As my grandpa used to say "dont talk about it be about it." You get what you pay for man.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I also run a Vortex CDI unit.

And My turbo system is bolted on a staock engine running AVgas. I'm getting 72+HP and only dune ride. I do not race it!

I've had no problems and I have a very broad power band.

Well worth the money I spent to get it when compared to what I would have spent to get the same performance and power with internal parts.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the input so far.......keep it coming.....I have been talking to Budtbar about his systems......sounds like alot of fun....hope I can come up with the $$$$$ to get a system......

Thanks,
Tom

Yellowjacket2001,
I have never been very impressed with alot of engineers and I tell you what, you deffinatly don't bring a good impression to the engineering community...if you have questions just ask them.....if you don't know don't worry most of the rest of us don't either.....take a few english classes so you can get your questions across with out huge confussion...just my nickle, quarter, and $.02

Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Range Rover
Keeps busy in the garage building one thing or another.

Bud bar willnot tellyou wrong. He is helping me with my problems that I want to put behind me.We need tohelp everyone nomatter how insugnificant toothers.badkeyboard. sorry.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Baja!! I can only speak of my REAL WORLD experences. Crackerjack and Majorecho have been very helpful. Those guys have LOTS of experence.

So hows the bike coming along? Your Turbo? Weather getting too hot REAL SOON. for us. Gonna take a trip for some Kelly Dyno time when it's just to hot to ride.

Bud