CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

I was also on the fence as you say about the Lectron46hv vs the TM45 and i went with the Lectron and i think i made a good choice.I ride dunes along with some very tight and technical trails and as long as i stay in the right gear i get great performance.I could see where some might interpret the Lectrons ability to rev so fast a disadvantage for trail riding but personally i want quick throttle response at all times.If you could experience the Lectrons top end i think you would be sold.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bought my Lectron 2 years ago (April, 2004) and I still think it is the best carburetor for me. I think the carburetor from the 450r is a cool, poor mans upgrade, (or a good upgrade for a girl with a weak thumb) just like using the stock DS carburetor on a 400ex gives them more power; but if you want real performance you need to look at something else. All this 'stuck shut' talk - if you get it tuned right there is none, I have none other people have none. I worked with the guy I bought mine from and he was able to help me get it running just right.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Well I think I am gonna bite the bullet and buy a new 46HV from HPR. There are used ones in the garage that would save me some money, but if I have problems I think the support is worth the hundred or two. Or should I buy from On-Dunes? I sent HPR an email last week and then again yesterday asking some questions and haven't received a response.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My old standby is get a lectron for drags and a tm45 for the trails, just be certain to leave the accelerator pump intact on the tm45.

lectron sticky is 99% solved yes, but I move my throttle many several hundered times in a days ride and those statistics make for several sticks in a day.

i also do not like how the lectrons have to be tuned so rich at idle and low end to obtain decent idle and response - not speaking from experience but just what I read so many times on here - and to me this seems like it would load up the exhaust ports with soot that much faster, thereby losing that less than 1hp peek it supposedly has over the tm45 as flow gets restricted.

when I pulled by head apart recently after running a properly tuned tm45 for over 3 years, I couldn't belive how clean the chamber and ports were.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been running the Lectron since last July. I ride an average of 2 weekends a month. What is the stuck problem on the Lectron? I have never experienced that. I have heard about it, never had it happen.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well now put your kids battery operated quad away dig out your ds and experiance the sticking.....Oh by the way grab a standy lighting system UBG5612 conitinuies use cell and But that thing will last twice as long for you.Don't forget to have the wifey turn on the remote function we all know how you ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

On a lectron that it improperly tuned, the slide is not open enough at idle. The vacuum of the motor is holding the slide against the body of the carb. As soon as the slide opens enough to allow more air to travel through the slide is released. Again, I was with HT and loved my TM. I didn't like the thumb pull and the ever-changing tuning state that it was in, but I hated the stuck shut. After purchasing my HPR HV48 I learned, LISTENED and tested it. I don't have any stuck shut characteristics now. When I say 99% fixed, I meant that some still have the issue. It can be completely removed and yes... back when, the cable system was garbage. HPR has come full circle with their cables and now are a thing of beauty. It's hard when you are not a cable manufacturer, to get something custom and perfect for the job. It had to take a bit of time, money and frustration to get where they are at now. My Lectron is a thing of beauty.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I have heard of here new throttle system me and KMduner both ordered them and never recieved them oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and jmann you can get the lectrons from fast by gast don't fall for the mutiple needle hype they will send you the right needel the frst time i have bought over 10 lectrons from them and they have yet to miss.and as i said before the 40mm will do you just fine...for half he price and kevin is a tad hard to get on the phone but once you do he will spend all day talking with you if that is what is needed.there will be alot of sad faces when they see my 240 dollar lecrons idiling as nice as there 600 dollar systems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] remember effecincey is the key and we have found out the ds dose good with the 40 lectron

Old 04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

AZ, you know I respect you...... We've both been around the block. Do the Fast by Gas Lectrons have the same specs?

specifically, do they have adjustable power jets, multiple powerjets, idle circuits mounted, modifications to the slides, what cables are they using... etc. etc. etc.

I ask because I REALLY don't know.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Big Daddy,

They have an exploded drawing on Lectron site and BOM that matches numbers on drawing.
Takes a while to figure how to print drawing and bom out the right size: not a seamless print interface.

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/

Many names are different from HPR names, so it takes a while to figure out,
but Kevin should be aware of all of the part 'aliases'. Look on link below at new products page on LS column and there may be the adjuster you were asking about(?). But he's the biggest Lectron dealer, so if it can be had, he can get it cheap.

http://www.fastbygast.com/Catagories...arburetors.asp

Kevin is real busy, but extremely helpful and knowledegable. He was the first (among many) to point out that the Lectrons would load up, from being rich, on the street and 'lunge' in traffic; and not the best street alternative although he may have had had a sale. He answers all email promptly too, which is rare.

AZ

Do the 40mm Lectrons idle at 1900 rpm and run excessively rich too?
That sounds like a manageable option I was unaware of before.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Who has a Lectron and rides trails?