CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

Good info, and I didn't know that the 46 was exclusive. I do know that when I talked to the Vice President at Lectron, she told me some very specific information about HPR and their work with the Lectron. I believe that needle specs, slide specs as well as other specifics were due to HPR's work on the carb and the DS650.

I don't want any part of the A vs. B....

I do think that the HV's do a great all-around job once properly INSTALLED and TUNED.

Thanks Jacket and AZ for responding.... good thread.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Good info, and I didn't know that the 46 was exclusive. I do know that when I talked to the Vice President at Lectron, she told me some very specific information about HPR and their work with the Lectron. I believe that needle specs, slide specs as well as other specifics were due to HPR's work on the carb and the DS650.

I don't want any part of the A vs. B....

I do think that the HV's do a great all-around job once properly INSTALLED and TUNED.

Thanks Jacket and AZ for responding.... good thread.
"Good info, and I didn't know that the 46 was exclusive. "

I don't either, even for Bomb's only. Thought it was inferred, and just checked since been wrong about other subtle references from their website. Didn't see anything now, so may have been revised. Thanks for your astute observations.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Never been called "astute". Makes me feel good. Usually I'm just called freak, or giant etc. etc.

You made my day Jacket.

Anyone here going to Pismo for 6?

Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Well now put your kids battery operated quad away dig out your ds and experiance the sticking.....Oh by the way grab a standy lighting system UBG5612 conitinuies use cell and But that thing will last twice as long for you.Don't forget to have the wifey turn on the remote function we all know how you ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
LOL, thats funny right there, I don't care who you are! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

To try and answer your question BigDaddy the lectrons in general can be ordered with adjustable power jets and also velocity inserts. And my bikes both idle at as low as 700 rpm and they are just as easy to tune i have yet to grab a carb out of a box from fastbygast and it not work great.however i do belive you can no longer get the velocity insert for the 46 i may be wrong but i will dyno my 40 aginst a 46 any day and bet due to better suited for the job my 40's will dyno just as good as a matter f fact im going to try and find me one.

So you know and for general knowledge adjustable power jets can be installed in any carb i had two per carb in my dual fcrs for nitro. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The only thng i have seen different is that the horsepower HV46 has a custom idle circute any one here who has seen my bikes can atests the all idle just fine without it.

And yes fast by gast dose carry the throttles and cable assy. I alway's use the banshee dual or single setups with the 90 deg tube

Old 04-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

well....all you guys just talked me out of ever getting a new carb...i ahve noone to set it up or adjust it and sounds down right complicated.....this cable that cable,slide this slide that....blah.blah

i guess this is were the men get separated from the boys...and im a boy...im going back to my blt ons

sorry to butt in

Chris

Old 04-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Chris I am starting to agree, seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chirochris
well....all you guys just talked me out of ever getting a new carb...i ahve noone to set it up or adjust it and sounds down right complicated.....this cable that cable,slide this slide that....blah.blah

i guess this is were the men get separated from the boys...and im a boy...im going back to my blt ons

sorry to butt in

Chris
Buck up Chiroboy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Learn something new by figuring a good carb out. You will make more power and it only sounds hard until you try it. The learning curve is quick and painless.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(I owed you that response. Now we're even, lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 04-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

hey dsnut...werent you leaving....jk

yeah i know the carb is a great option, but i am way over on the east coast and have noone to help me out, plus i cant figuire out which to get...

to tell you the truth i cant even tell how many carbs you are talking about...40.43.46.48 tm45.007

i am totally lost...i ride 95% trals and rr beds and not even sure its worth it...

Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, I don't think it would be. I have my DS setup so it rips on the sand but it has useable power in the woods to about half throttle. After that it just spins out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who has a Lectron and rides trails?