CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: SLC650
What oil are you planning on refining if there were more refineries avaliable DSNUT, I have a problem with oil companies price gouging the american consumers, and our President is owned by those folks!

If we drilled Alaska there would be enough for about 6 months under current US consumption rates. Are we going to drill up and destroy the whole planet before we all come to the same conclusion. Dont blame the greenies for an antiquated fuel source, the answer is alternative fuels the oil companies/car manufacturers have the technology they're just waiting until they have bled us dry with fossil fules before they have to make the expensive switch to those fuel sources.

We all just sit back and take it until they are done f'n with us and our pocketbooks.
I bought a Desiel truck last year because it has historically been a cheaper fuel source, and I can run Bio-desiel when it becomes more avaliable, 2 weeks later the price of desiel went over the price of super unleaded for the first time in history! Its cheaper to produce but they finally realized that this country's economy depends heavily on the trucking industry and they decided to go after them as well, and blame it all on the war in Iraq, they need more jet fuel dont ya know.

We have no choice but to pay the higher prices, and support efforts to realize alternative fuels.
Didn't you pay attention to GW earier this week he even supports it now LMFAO.

Actually they didn't go after the truckers. Desiel is a by product of gas and desil engines used to never be wanted or driven. So they had an abundance of desiel fuel. Well now that desiels are producing so much power and almost everyone and there brother is driving one there is no longer this abundance of desiel. They are haveing to produce more gas to get the byproduct of desiel.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

i would let them put a refinery in my back yard if i thought i would get discount gas. there are studies now that are throwing the idea out there that this oil is not coming from the dinasours that they once thought. they are saying with the activities going on down beneath the surface of the earth that its creating itself . there is a place in canada where there extracting oil out of the sands. we all need to get on the same page before all of our bikes are parked.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: SLC650
What oil are you planning on refining if there were more refineries avaliable DSNUT, I have a problem with oil companies price gouging the american consumers, and our President is owned by those folks!

If we drilled Alaska there would be enough for about 6 months under current US consumption rates. Are we going to drill up and destroy the whole planet before we all come to the same conclusion. Dont blame the greenies for an antiquated fuel source, the answer is alternative fuels the oil companies/car manufacturers have the technology they're just waiting until they have bled us dry with fossil fules before they have to make the expensive switch to those fuel sources.

We all just sit back and take it until they are done f'n with us and our pocketbooks.
I bought a Desiel truck last year because it has historically been a cheaper fuel source, and I can run Bio-desiel when it becomes more avaliable, 2 weeks later the price of desiel went over the price of super unleaded for the first time in history! Its cheaper to produce but they finally realized that this country's economy depends heavily on the trucking industry and they decided to go after them as well, and blame it all on the war in Iraq, they need more jet fuel dont ya know.

We have no choice but to pay the higher prices, and support efforts to realize alternative fuels.
Didn't you pay attention to GW earier this week he even supports it now LMFAO.
Again, stop listening to the news and go educate yourself on how the oil industry actually works. The same real Americans that buy gas are share holders in oil companies and are reaping these profits.

Here is another statistic that you won't like, SLC: For every gallon of fuel you buy, $0.09 goes to the oil companies as profit. That same gallon of gasoline has a little over $0.50 in taxes that you pay. The rest is cost + a little margin for gas station owners.

My statements are not politically motivated. They are statements of fact based on what I have studied. If GW was at fault, I would blame him without batting an eye. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

everybody keep buying gas so my stocks keep going up. i dont care what anyone really says because you know and i know no matter what the proce is were still gonna run our bikes and rails. thats the price you pay for having fun. just like at glamis that hill was lit up all night with people making runs. as far as profit why should someone be able to tell me how much i can charge for a gallon of milk at my quickie mart let alone tell me how much i can charge for a gallon of gas. if thats the case i want the government to go to the glamis store and regulate the showers. i paid 8 dollars for a shower in january, best money i spent. little secret buy some gold stock

Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
everybody keep buying gas so my stocks keep going up. i dont care what anyone really says because you know and i know no matter what the proce is were still gonna run our bikes and rails. thats the price you pay for having fun. just like at glamis that hill was lit up all night with people making runs. as far as profit why should someone be able to tell me how much i can charge for a gallon of milk at my quickie mart let alone tell me how much i can charge for a gallon of gas. if thats the case i want the government to go to the glamis store and regulate the showers. i paid 8 dollars for a shower in january, best money i spent. little secret buy some gold stock
You sell milk, huh? I didn't know you could even milk a sheep..............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

How expensive is gas anyway? Back when gasoline was $0.30 per gallon, the average working wage was $1.00 per hour. For the ratio to be the same at $3.00 per gallon, the average wage would need to be $10 per hour or $20,000 per year. I bet that isn't too far off............if anything the average income is probably higher than that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Perspective and relativity are powerful things.............

Old 04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

i dont care what anyone really says because you know and i know no matter what the proce is were still gonna run our bikes and rails.
Bikes rails and a thursty truck to get them there. How about boats in the summer time. You talk about sucking up the 91 octane. There is a certain point when I will be unable to afford that leisure and that scares the crap out of me. We are not there yet but who knows. Mind if I grow some corn on your land? We can build a stil and make the good stuff.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

here is scary for you 13 gallons to get to bass lake, 2 honda aqua trax if they are run all day tommorrow that will be another 64 gallons you can easily burn 2 tanks threw each one if they are ridden and another 13 gallons to get home. 90 gallons of gas but i look at it this way atleast im not paying 7.08 a gallon yet. its all in what you enjoy doing . im not gonna tell my wife that 3 something a gallon is to much and we cant afford to go ride the waverunners, because i know as soon as i do that the first time i need some 110 octane sorry. 1000 acres how much corn do you want to grow?

Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

A couple acres oughta do it. Just have to grow it tall enough to hide the hardware [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: JSsDS
Just have to grow it tall enough to hide the hardware [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm not sigmond Freud, but.....................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

I'm pretty sure E85 is about $3.50-ish a gallon right now, so the point at which it is equal with gasoline is not far off. Also keep in mind that an engine designed to run on gas OR ethanol can't take full advantage of the higher octane of ethanol which would offset the lower energy output. For discussion sake, if E85 / E100 became readily available all over, only then could a manufacturer make a vehicle made specifically for ethanol and take advantage of the higher octane rating.

If you look around on the net you'll find there are many, many new bio fuel refineries being built right now. The output capacity of bio fuels is going to grow by a large amount in the near future however when you look at that number compared to how much gas we use it is tiny even still.

The real boon to bio fuels is when they learn to make fuel out of the waste stock and not just the prime crop. Right now they have to use the corn kernels for ethanol - imagine how cheap bio fuels will be when they are mass produced from corn husks, grass clippings, tree trimmings - all sorts of things we chuck out right now. Bio fuels are awesome for the United States - we start funneling huge amounts of cash into our farmer’s pockets, all of that money staying basically in the US and never seeing the Middle East. Now a rich farmer in the US is going to buy more things since he has more money and with any luck some of them will be made in the US still and further help the economy. So now we have a stronger us economy, and no more trade deficit. (At least on that front.)

I'd like to buy a vehicle that can run on E85 if possible as I bet I can find some locally and while I couldn't run it very often it would be cool to be able to do it once in a while just to say i'd done it. With any luck we'll get infrastructure to deliver the E85 as well.

Don't count the oil companies out if E85 or Biodiesel hits either - they already own the complete and perfect infrastructure to deliver non-petroleum based fuel to us and I don't see Chevron passing up the opportunity to stay in business by selling that, too.

Anyone in LA know if F&L Fuels sells E85 or E100?

Quick Reply: Gas prices