CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I need a exhaust but i want it very loud

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a exhaust but i want it very loud

I'm not surprised to hear that reaction. I like my bike loud, too. I ride on private property where I got my neighbor's permission to use my bike, and I set some ground rules with them. To say the least, they have no problem with me when I ride. I even let my neighbor use my woods to hunt, he just asks me not to ride for a day or two and he goes back there and lands a deer. I don't belong to the Sierra Club, and I live in Ohio, thanks. I just hate it when a local dive gets shut down because the neighbors of the place are tired of the loud-*** bikes running around. They don't seem to have a problem with my machine, only the dudes that open them up just for the sake of being loud. That's what ticks me off.

I am not referring to closed-course stuff, either. I think the GNC and GNCC riders should be allowed to run open exhaust systems for the benefit of power.

P.S.-If any one of my neighbors wanted me to quiet my machine, I would do it. I told them all that I have a quiet core and would be pleased to install it so I can continue riding.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Maybe im getting old.. who knows [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] But there comes a time when you must ask yourself. would i rather have a loud bike and no where to ride it or have a quiet bike and get to ride all over?

Old 04-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

look at my pics #1 and #2 there loud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Cha-ching! Right on, cowboy.

I'm only 17 years old, but man, things are starting to make that "giant sucking sound" that Ross Perot was always talking about. I hate seeing riding areas closed down, half of the time it is from "erosion problems" and the other half it is "sound and wildlife poisoning". The tree huggers could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I wish they would put that skill to use on something more worthwhile (like sucking oil out of the ground to drop the gas prices!).

Old 04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

this was not an attack on you but this is how the government starts taking away your rights. you can not give me one good reason why this snowbird or whatever the he!! it is does for the enviroment other than gets the dunes shut down becouse it likes to lay its eggs in the sand. then you got them checking your pipe becouse it is disturbing the migration of the grey whale. its all political bs, we cant drill for oil in alaska becouse the carribou are not happy with us doing that. my buddy cant disk 65 acres of his own land becouse of a stupid kangaroo mouse. there is to much government where it doesnot need to be. this mouse or stupid bird are not gonna cure cancer or anything like that but yet we have to suffer for it . just like i heard today government will not let us drill for oil off the florida , well guess who is getting ready to drill, chinese. its time to stop worrying about the back yard ferry shrimp , 3 toed salamander, booger eating badger and start worrying about ourselves. i dont know about you guys but i could do without these restrictions. the government needs to involve themselves in this strike thats gonna happen monday.i told my workers if they want to strike there only hurting themselves by losing pay . i told them not to wear any clothes eather that were american made or drive there american made cars. why does n't the government go on strike when its check day with hold the foodstamps and the medical cards then they will see what a strike is really like. i dont have a problem for standing up for whats rite but do it the rite way. i hope the ins goes to where the rallys are being held and check for green cards and those who cant prove citizen ship bye bye come back when your legal. everyone deserves a chance of the american dream but do it legaly. alright this should get me some hate mail but its the truth.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Bunian
Cha-ching! Right on, cowboy.

.... The tree huggers could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I wish they would put that skill to use on something more worthwhile (like sucking oil out of the ground to drop the gas prices!).
LMAO thats BITCHEN im gonna have to remember that line [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

I understand your point completely, 2big. If we could get a perfect balance of government control over public land free use, almost everyone would be happy. However, if the government would condone any actions that take place on public land, we might be in a world of hurt. We might have a countryside that looks like some craphole in Mexico because people take complete advantage of the land.

Sure it sucks that parts of Pismo and Glamis have been shut down (maybe they are re-opened now, I can't remember) but I would rather have a little government restriction in this area because it is worth it to keep some places nice. I don't neccessarily know about the extinction of the animals you are talking about (the "booger eating badger" sounds pretty cool, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) but I would probably avoid riding on their eggs if I knew where they were. Of course, with more government restriction comes government programs, and with that comes higher taxes. Everyone knows that those suck. But hey, to have some open land we might have to give and take a little.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

parts of pismo are shut down becouse i was there this weekend. it was opened up all they way to pole 8 and now its down to 6. my problem is with the government giving people tickets for turning there bike around without a helmet on so they can lock them up for the night. if they want to ticket someone they should get the ones who leave there trash for others to pick up.if you want to see a crap hole check out pismo after a big weekend. people leaving there crap there as if there mom will come by and pick up after them. tbone and myself sat there saturday and by the time i pulled out there was an abandoned tent full of trash about 75 yards away from that there was a broken down bbq left for the ocean to eat. and then to top it off a 4wd hit a bump and lost half his load of wood, did not even bother coming back for it. we usually try to carry out more trash then we bring in. it just disgust me becouse people have the attitude that someone else will pick it up. to many restrictions on the wrong things.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bunian

Sure it sucks that parts of Pismo and Glamis have been shut down (maybe they are re-opened now, I can't remember) but I would rather have a little government restriction in this area because it is worth it to keep some places nice. I don't neccessarily know about the extinction of the animals you are talking about (the "booger eating badger" sounds pretty cool, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) but I would probably avoid riding on their eggs if I knew where they were. Of course, with more government restriction comes government programs, and with that comes higher taxes. Everyone knows that those suck. But hey, to have some open land we might have to give and take a little.
I just have to leave a comment about this piece of your arguement (the part about closing parts of Glamis to keep it nice)... This is not any sort of personal attack on you Brunian... You just sparked several thoughts I had about the subject. I cannot speak for Pismo because that is not my riding area, but Glamis... that is my neck of the woods (or sand in this situation)... Follow me here, this may be a little long... Glamis is not a county park with trees and benches and happy couples laying around on blankets. This is a uninhabitable piece of the most harsh land on this continent. ATV's, Motorcycles, and Sand Rails are the ONLY vehicles that can traverse this barren and desolate piece of our public land. If it were not for the sand sports community there would be no one out there... so to close it to keep it nice does not really accomplish anything, accept for what is on the green peacers agenda. We pay to use this land, through both state taxes and user fees in the form of the yearly passes that supposedly go to pay for sh!ters that never get drained and dumpsters that don't get emptied on the most crowded weekends. These areas are not closed to keep them nice. These areas are closed because of a small minority group of radical conservationists who if they had it their way would close the entire 40,000 acres that are the Imperial Sand Dunes to any motorized vehicles... oh except for the areas and vehicles they would use to study their precious "milk weed." These people claim they are protecting the land, however, they are really very selfish wanting to only use the land for their purposes. Make no mistake these closures are not about keeping and area nice... they are about a political agenda. The areas that are closed are not the areas where there should be concern over people leaving trash and junk as 2Big alluded to. Those camping areas are a minute part of these vast sand dunes, and it is obvious that it is the responsibility of the sand sports community to clean up after ourselves. The closed areas are open dunes that are not accessible to RV's and Trailers. These areas are simply riding areas. Anyone who has been into the middle of a set of dunes can tell you that there is little chance to destroy such an area. Hell, if you stand in one place too long your boots will get covered and you will start to sink. Anything that can be blown around will be and anything that is of any weight will quickly sink to the bottom of the sand. My point is that the only reason these areas are closed is because the environmentalists have more political assets than the ASA. These areas are not closed to keep them "nice" as you say they are closed to appease a bunch of green peace wackos. The god damn "milk weed" will grow back. It has been growing for longer than we (the human race) have been around, and it will untill after we are gone.

OK I'm done... thanks for letting me vent. I got into it with some hippies at work today, so that is where most of this is coming from. Ironic that there was a forum topic along the same lines. Oh well F'em. Try to catch me in the sand, hippies, you never will! You probably won't make it to the top of the first dune.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

I apologize for not being clear, the "nice" land I mention is random hillsides and scenic crap you see from California's Highway 1. The land that would be ruined (in my opinion) if the government allowed public use of all land without restriction would be stuff like that. I agree that Glamis is uninhabitable, it would be ridiculous to think it could really be used for anything but our recreation. Besides, the recreational use brings money to the good old Boardmanville area as well as gas stations, whatever. But back to the land- I think the government needs to restrict uses of public land <u>in areas</u> and not everywhere. I really enjoyed Sequoia National Forest, and it would be equally unattractive if the hippies started camping out there to do "research" as it would for thousands of ORV's to scream through it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the moral of the story is keep it quiet and responsible so our kids can have the same fun that we have, without being confined to our own back yards.

BTW-No offense taken from anyone, except from the jerks who close our land! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I need a exhaust but i want it very loud