CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2007 CAN-AM (BRP-Bombardier) INFO

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 BRP (Bombardier) INFO

This sucks... I feel like I was slapped in the face and had my identity stolen. Bomb is gone! Will they change the name of our forum now to Can-Am. This is bad news boys... for the last 6 years the DS has been slowly making a name for itself. It is finally coming into its own IMO and now they make a major name change like this.... this is bad. They don't need anymore name recognition, "Bombardier" is comforting. When I bought my bike I knew that this was not some small company that was barley hanging on. This was the company that made SeaDoo, and SkiDoo. It gave me comfort to know that this was a well diversified firm. Now Honda and Yamaha don't feel the need to have different named divisions... hell Yamaha makes everything from quads to pianos, drums, and guitars. I just don't understand why Bomb would have decised to go this route. I did not ride in the 70's and I only know the Cam-Am name from frequenting the Ron Woods site. So what is the benefit? I really hope that someone will make a solid arguement to me as to how this is going to benefit the existing Bomb community. Now I'm going to get even more **** from my friends... cause now the company that made my bike is no more. That is where the feeling of identity loss comes in. I had taken great pride in the fact that I was part of a unique community... yea we are a unique community now, sort of like Cannondale. We are now misfits. My next gripe is how they have basically forgotten about the sport community. I mean f@ck, how many god damn Outlanders do they need. I can't even count how many they have now... what is it 7 or 8. WTF, there is 1 freakin sport quad.... and yes I did leave out that POS DS250 on purpose... that was an offering aimed at children. I am so disappointed it is making me sick to my stomach... I thought I would get over it by this morning, but I woke up thinking about how lame this is. I am now a nomad in the desert, no pun intended. All I know is, Cannondale put out a great bike then changed their name to ATK, and then shortly after shut down production of their sport quad. Are we next? I going to work, now. I'll be back in an 1/2 hour or so to bitch some more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
Any price on the Renagade 800?
I can't seem to find a price either. There seems to be less to it than the regular Outy 800 so if we are lucky mabe it will be cheaper, but I doubt it.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe Im doing this prematurely....but I have to vent just a little this morning as well. Fatholly, Im right there with you brother. I feel like we have been betrayed in the worst way as if the name change, company change or whatever the Can/Am is suppose to mean but also to NOT release anything new in the sport category. I mean, I know CC1999 will be a happy man to get a sport 4x4 that is a little lighter than the standard Outty 800. I really thought that Bombardier truly raised the bar with the Outty line of 4x4's and just knew for sure they were gonna raise the bar even higher in the sport bike department...but boy wasnt we all deeply let-down this morning when I clicked on the forums and went to reading first of this terrible tragedy that took place. I finally built up the courage to click on their website and see it for myself with my own eyes. BAM, there is was staring me right in the face. NO NEW SPORT BIKE!

So, I just acquired a yfz. I will be sending the motor out to be built next week. I was only gonna built a mild reliable setup. But now this has forced me to get pretty radical with this bike simply because I was wanting something from Bombardier in the 450 class of bikes. THERE LOST!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

FatHolly, Breathe-Relax-Exhale-Hummmmm. There, now it's all better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well, maybe not, but look at how tight knit our community was. IMO this should probably bring us closer together, kinda like the few the proud. We're to the ATV community what Roush Racing is to NASCAR, the dominant factor that just won't go away.

Hang in there bud, it's gonna be alright. I was myself looking to be the first kid on the block sporting a brand new DS800. Guess not.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But this KFX Oops, I mean CanAm 800 thingy is looking pretty sporty! NOT

Old 05-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

My uncle, just put a deposit on a 06 Oulander 400 Max, Did they make any changes to the 2007 model??? Or Maybe he should step up to the Outlander 500!!! Thoughts?

Old 05-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just tell him to save his coins and get the Outty 800 and be done with it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Ace... I appreciate the kind calming words but this is really lame. I looked at the Renegade, and yea it is less disturbing than I originally thought... but it is still not a sport quad. Where is the 400cc 2 stroke race bike we have heard about... where is a DS800. I mean come on, really why do they need Outlanders in 400cc, 500cc, 650cc, and 800cc (in 3 versions I might add). Seems to me they are going to over saturate the market. I don't know. The really frustrating thing is the name change... I would have been OK with no sport quad release but the name change is beyond me. I just can't figure this one out. Why, why, why, why, why. Bomb had a good thing going... what a cool nickname "Bomb." Now this Can-Am ****. I truley feel like I have been deserted. I'm going to go hang out with the Cannondale guys now... they went through the same thing a few years back.LOL I'm just kidding on that one but now I know how they must have felt. I'll vent more in a few. Got to do some work now.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah this can am name is a little lame kind of like retro or something. remember montessa, bultaco, and old husky's
thats the last time I heard can am. now on an 800 auto 4x2 4x4 sport machine wtf! Well atleast my DS won't
depreciate as fast as if a DS 800 had been introduced, or a 450 true sport machine. Maybe next year.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

It still has the BRP symbol, thus still a Bomb.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yea I saw that too, its a little bit comforting.

Quick Reply: 2007 CAN-AM (BRP-Bombardier) INFO