CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

JUST GREAT

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST GREAT

Yjacket2001
When I got my rotax new, Sachs didn't put any rings in it from the factory. It never pumped oil into the airbox: it just used a half quart oil every 100 miles.
Wow...no rings at all????? how was it on power????

P.S. Very nice of you 2BIG, BTW I need an HPR 730....your not to far away P.M. me your address and I will drive up and pick it up...I'll even help take it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ohh and I'll throw in a steak dinner too....

Old 05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JUST GREAT

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Way to go 2big!

I was afraid Choose was going to try and sell him a $400 piston he had no idea of what the specs were, and it may be tailored to go with excessively rich Lectron drag carbs. From all the no information posts, Choose had no idea what he was trying to sell him either: just sell, sell, sell, hype, hype, hype, bash, bash, bash, ...

Detroit can't go wrong with stock parts. A quart of oil is a lot, and your kind gesture will take him a long way.
When I got my rotax new, Sachs didn't put any rings in it from the factory. It never pumped oil into the airbox: it just used a half quart oil every 100 miles.
But that could be because everything else was brand new. BMW just replaced my whole top end as one piece eventually.

Here's a good (BMW) Rotax engine reference for DS650 engine with most everything including repair and troubleshooting. Look under 'Classic F' section.
You should find several reasons that could be your problem. For your engine, the pre2000 BMW F650 shop manual is also the standard due to many typos in DS650 shop manual (you need both).

http://faq.f650.com/main.html
I don't think tobig gives a crap what you think ystreak. You are way out of line making a statement like that about choose, he has forgotten more about a DS650 than you'll ever know. You still haven't gotten a clue yet have you. But before you continue with you silly little anticdotes, Bing has left you a little message in the "Video of HPR's 3.96 run " thread. Might be wise to read it.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

Way to go 2big!

I was afraid Choose was going to try and sell him a $400 piston he had no idea of what the specs were, and it may be tailored to go with excessively rich Lectron drag carbs. From all the no information posts, Choose had no idea what he was trying to sell him either: just sell, sell, sell, hype, hype, hype, bash, bash, bash, ...

Detroit can't go wrong with stock parts. A quart of oil is a lot, and your kind gesture will take him a long way.
But that could be because everything else was brand new. BMW just replaced my whole top end as one piece eventually.

Here's a good (BMW) Rotax engine reference for DS650 engine with most everything including repair and troubleshooting. Look under 'Classic F' section.
You should find several reasons that could be your problem. For your engine, the pre2000 BMW F650 shop manual is also the standard due to many typos in DS650 shop manual (you need both).

yjacket, I knew you had the answer....way to go Master of Nothing, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh and since I know nothing about performance, I dare you to challenge me in 300ft so I can give you the spanking that yo mama never gave you when you deserved it, with my little ole run-to-slow bolt-on beast, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Just remember who your talking to Klown, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

bombdsbaja,

Actually, I couldn't tell the difference. It was new, and adding oil every 50 to 100 miles for 2K miles kept me busy.

The dealers would just say, "oh, its just seating the rings", lol. Finally, I just dropped it off.

But that was with high mph on expressway and all kinds of travelling. It must be tight from the factory otherwise.
Manufacturing anywhere makes human errors: although I wanted a complete new engine.
The bikes done real well with new top end since then: almost faultless and never had valves adjusted yet (15.5K miles).

Detroit's problem may be those DS650 recirculation tubes that go to air box. I read some different problems on chain gang site, but never had to concern myself with it.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Way to go 2big!

yjacket, I knew you had the answer....way to go Master of Nothing, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I have to correct you there, Scott. Read my first post to Yjacket on this thread. He is the master of something..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(hint) The servant waits...........

Walking a thin line with this one, LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default JUST GREAT

2 BIG YOU HAVE MY VOTE! Wow! Amazed with the kindness and all the information from you guys. But the battle is just begining. Iam going to need more info throughout the rebuild. If you guys are interested Iam going to post pics as i rebuild.

THANKS VOTE FOR BIG

Joe C.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

We have some great people here, and a couple of trouble makers as you have already witnessed some of that. Please do post the pics, many would love to see it...

And 2big.....you da man

Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

DETROITBOMB.I have a stock piston with the rings that were just removed from my 2003 Baja that you can have if they will work for you.Let me know and i will get them to you ASAP.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default JUST GREAT

bombbaja just hang in there becouse you just might get a chance at an hpr730 on nitrous.
yellow i told him he could have the cylinder and piston and then choose is gonna sell him some 400 dollar rings.
and detroit take that other piston also just in case my rings got old from just sitting there. i dont think they can but who knows. you can always pass it on if you dont need it.
oh one last thing detroit dont mention my name to much becouse you will be thrown into a catagory i dont think you will like,LOL
welcome to the forums, the package is in the mail
this would be funny if detroit really is yjacket.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JUST GREAT

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
bombbaja just hang in there becouse you just might get a chance at an hpr730 on nitrous.
yellow i told him he could have the cylinder and piston and then choose is gonna sell him some 400 dollar rings.
and detroit take that other piston also just in case my rings got old from just sitting there. i dont think they can but who knows. you can always pass it on if you dont need it.
oh one last thing detroit dont mention my name to much becouse you will be thrown into a catagory i dont think you will like,LOL
welcome to the forums, the package is in the mail
this would be funny if detroit really is yjacket.
You would of had to mail it to the sarasota springs area (if I remember right) for it to go to ystreak. =]

Quick Reply: JUST GREAT