CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RENEGADE 800!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Fascinating to say the least

Old 07-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: cc1999
Originally posted by: Toyeboy
This isn't a go anywhere ATV b/c you can't take it to the MX track b/c you couldn't jump it very high...It's still belt driven and shaft driven....And it still probably won't beat YFZ 450's and LTZ 450's in a drag. I see no reason for this ATV to be honest, it's not a going to handle better than the sport quads and it's not going to mud better than an Outtlander 800 with those tires/fenders. They should've mad it a pure sport quad, 5 speed manual tranny chain driven.

Thats funny, I have beat allot yfz450 and 450r's. The New LTZ gives me a pretty good race. I am not sure how you figure dropping 40 or so pounds off it, is going to make it slower than an Outy 800 since its about the same thing with a race setup suspension and some minor clutch work. If you have been around this forum very long you would have seen quite a few pictures of at least my Outy doing just that.

Here is a pic running dead even with a new LTZ

Here is a pic beating two YFZ's and a new Raptor 700 by a nose.
I've been on here for over a year now with over 550 posts..before the Outty was released.. so I don't know where your coming from with that remark. But those pictures tell the story of why your beating YFZ's...your on sand, you have 4wd with sand paddle tires so there's an unfair advantage..plus the YFZ that's loosing is being driven by some lady that prolly can't ride. Do a fair race on a hard packed surface and you'll see who's really faster.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Sorry Outlanders, Only on sand will you beet a sport quad in a drag because of 4x4. I have raced 800 outys with my predator on pavement and dirt and its not even close after 150 yards. its really simple, an outlander has about 45hp to the rear wheels and ways about 640lb's not including rider and a pipe and filter 450 or predator, has anywhere from 43 to 48hp and ways 360lbs to 420lbs not including rider. Hp to weight ratio is even close.
Thats not including the outlander has twice the size gas tank making it more heavier and lot of people put bigger tires on them also which really slows them down. What keeps the outlander close the first 50 yards is back renching torque they put out.
I not knocking the outy, I own a 650 outy but be realistic here. Now the Renegade will be better but I doubt it will still beat a sportquad.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Ya, there is the 4 wheel drive deal, but its not realy the advantage you think it is. The advantage of the 4 wheel drive in the sand is really offset by 600+ pounds of machine that has to get off the line. Also even when I am out about 100 foot or more the YFZ's, 450'r and others really do not pull me. We have raced all kinds of differnt distances and in the case of my Outy 800 the longer the better. I typicaly real them in if I can't get them off the line, rather then the other way around. After the initial launch the 4 wheel drive does not make any differnce. If anything it would be adding more drag through the drivetrain then it would be of any help. In reality the majority of those sport quads are also equiped with paddle tires as well, and most of them are 8-10 rims with 20-22 tires that weigh far less then the 25" paddle I am running. The majority of those sport quads come out of the hole as fast if not faster than I can.

By my coment earlier all I ment was I have been putting up pic's for several months that prove what I am saying about beating the quads we are talking about, you must have just missed them so I put a couple up that I had handy. If you don't want to believe me don't.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

This isn't a go anywhere ATV b/c you can't take it to the MX track b/c you couldn't jump it very high...It's still belt driven and shaft driven....And it still probably won't beat YFZ 450's and LTZ 450's in a drag. I see no reason for this ATV to be honest, it's not a going to handle better than the sport quads and it's not going to mud better than an Outtlander 800 with those tires/fenders. They should've mad it a pure sport quad, 5 speed manual tranny chain driven.

Thats funny, I have beat allot yfz450 and 450r's. The New LTZ gives me a pretty good race. I am not sure how you figure dropping 40 or so pounds off it, is going to make it slower than an Outy 800 since its about the same thing with a race setup suspension and some minor clutch work. If you have been around this forum very long you would have seen quite a few pictures of at least my Outy doing just that.

I've been on here for over a year now with over 550 posts..before the Outty was released.. so I don't know where your coming from with that remark. But those pictures tell the story of why your beating YFZ's...your on sand, you have 4wd with sand paddle tires so there's an unfair advantage..plus the YFZ that's loosing is being driven by some lady that prolly can't ride. Do a fair race on a hard packed surface and you'll see who's really faster.
Ive done the fair race.. My Crappy 660 can barely pull the outty on top end up a 4% asphalt grade. On gravel the outty gets out ahead. on slick wet clay.. the outty runs away.. The only saving grace for the crappy is it rails around corners and goin off jumps i can make up allotta time. the outty XT is not a really built for launching 70-80 lap after lap. pretty sure it wont hold up to that.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Stock against stock the outty 800 lays an asswhoopin to the raptor 660. I woud only imagine comperable mods done to both. the outta would still whoop it. Since a stock one does a good job against a mild bolt on crappy.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

Ive done the fair race.. My Crappy 660 can barely pull the outty on top end up a 4% asphalt grade. On gravel the outty gets out ahead. on slick wet clay.. the outty runs away.. The only saving grace for the crappy is it rails around corners and goin off jumps i can make up allotta time. the outty XT is not a really built for launching 70-80 lap after lap. pretty sure it wont hold up to that.
I wasn't refering to the Rappy 660 but...You should get some performance upgrades and open up your rappy 660..then you won't lose b/c I've seen a video of a modified Raptor 660 beating a Outty 800 repeatedly. That just doesn't seem right..a 660 sport quad losing to a 140cc big Ute.. What is wrong with the Raptor 660?
There's also no sense of arguing about the 450's, b/c they are faster stock, they also feel faster when your on them.. modified they'll put a whipping on the Outty, and the Outty couldn't keep up with a sport quad when you go onto the trail or mx track of course.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

I wasn't refering to the Rappy 660 but...You should get some performance upgrades and open up your rappy 660..then you won't lose b/c I've seen a video of a modified Raptor 660 beating a Outty 800 repeatedly. That just doesn't seem right..a 660 sport quad losing to a 140cc big Ute.. What is wrong with the Raptor 660?
There's also no sense of arguing about the 450's, b/c they are faster stock, they also feel faster when your on them.. modified they'll put a whipping on the Outty, and the Outty couldn't keep up with a sport quad when you go onto the trail or mx track of course.
Stock for stock the Outlander will beat a 660 Raptor and a 450 Honda EVERY TIME been there done that . It will not beat a 700 Raptor