CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New motor built by bigdaddy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motor built by bigdaddy

I have to give credit to Bigdaddy for building a monster, I didnt know if he knew it was going to run this good ( I told her it would though). He is a very articulate builder even though he was doing secret stuff to the motor he told me never to tell anyone.LOL.. All kidding aside, The motor is making huge gains over the stage 2. With this build Im running hpr parts (piston, pipe, carb) webb parts, ninja parts, tvi valves/preacher head=15 more hp at 8500rpm.. Ended up being a powefull motor in all. Maybe even near the hp of my 730 but not as much torq and revving way faster than the old big bore, BUT this recent build is making more torq and hp at higher rpms. Im still peaking hp at 8k and could have gone farther with this thing. Just idleing at 1600 rpm this motor thumps harder than ANY motor ive had, just the pressure comming out of the drag pipe 3in ID is severe. Kinda makes me want to do a compression check so I know if its safe to spray a big shot or not.

Also an update on the GIANT air filter comparison. I had to jet up 1/3 full turn rich on the needle and drilled out the pj to 160 and I gain rev speed and 1 ft lb torq across the entire rande and almost 4 more ft lb torq at 4k. I didnt get a print out of the hp curve on the filter comp.

after fine tuning dead on I got 5 more hp across the board w/ big filter.

Also, The rev rate being incredibly faster has alot to do with the ondunes drag axle, race head and hpr piston and superlight wrist pin.. I really wanted to get a clear comparison on the drag axle, But I changed too many things at once. But in the real world on the hill the bike gained 4-5 mph with axle.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cant wait to install the ball on the seat so I can ride her!!!!! Good job guys

Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thank you Glenn for going out of your way to get me the light ondune stuff. It contributes alot to the power/weight ratio.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Mario, and good work BigD!!

But Mario, let me ask this just for clarification. Did you say you gained 4-5 mph on the hill with the addition of just the axle? I mean, holy shat!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes on banshee hill at dumont.. Its not as steep as comp but people get consistant readings on banshee hill.

I posted the dyno curve comparision under the hpr section of ondunes. Looks like it will be a fun ride, I should be healed up enough to ride the hill.. Seat of the pants is a huge difference all over.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to have to drive up the road and talk shop with you Vegas guys this summer, I have a motor I need to build up....

Old 05-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats, Mario and Mike.......sounds like it will be a very good runner....the Ninja always has a way to run big dog style................

Tom

Old 05-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Where did you get that fillter ? could you please give me some information on it .
Thanks Tpsycho.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Mario, how bout you and BigD come up to Utah on the 20th of May for a little pre-DS Days test and tune? there will be a few locals and some flat landers out there that weekend and should make for a fun trip. We'll get the video rolling and have a radar gun on hand.
Bring Al up with ya, we haven't seen him around this way for a long time and we're over due for some flat out hauling thru the dunes and that dude can ride!

Old 05-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They're comin' Majorecho, looks like this is gonna be a pretty big trip, more and more adding to the roster every day it seems!

Sounds great Annihilator, can't wait to see your bike in action!
Dude - 5hp from a filter swap? I think the one you took off was awefuly dirty! lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New motor built by bigdaddy