CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Review and Video of the Renagade!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review and Video of the Renagade!

atvscene.com they also say;
"Can-Am wasted little time in confirming their newest project, a high performance race-ready 450cc machine. Can-Am said they're taking their time with their new 450 and will not release it until they're 100% sure it can win on the track the first year out just like they did with their dirt-bikes in the mid 70s."

Old 05-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No where does it say it is a quad. Are you sure they aren't talking about a new bike?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yup.. that could very well be my next 4 wheeled toy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I noticed in the link that BRP is still jiving people on the spar frame technology. If you're going to ride trail, you WILL need skid plates. No real big deal, just don't be bs'd by brp.

And I wonder what the ground clearance really is. It's not as advertised on the Outys, that's for sure. Luv my Outy, but facts is facts.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
No where does it say it is a quad. Are you sure they aren't talking about a new bike?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Watch THIS VIDEO the BRP rep confirms the 450cc race quad and teeser video exsit!!

EDIT: Hey DSNUT, after watching the video again you may be right he only says "450 race bike" Hmmmmmmmm????? Makes me wonder!!!

Old 05-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

It looks like maybe 8" of clearance.. And most definatly SKIDPLATES are the first thing you buy before you go anywhere..

Old 05-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Watch <a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://atvscene.com/video/machines/can-am/renegade07/stevecowing.wmv" target=blank>THIS VIDEO</A> the BRP rep confirms the 450cc race quad and teeser video exsit!!

EDIT: Hey DSNUT, after watching the video again you may be right he only says "450 race bike" Hmmmmmmmm????? Makes me wonder!!!
I watched all the videos on the ATV Scene site and they said they will be focusing on ATV's, and the ATV enthusiest. He was talking about an ATV for sure... read through the whole article... deffinetly reffering to ATV's. I am begining to be won over by this Cam-Am thing, they said a focus on power, and handeling through their entire lineup... they have definetly proved they are about power with most releases to date (DS, Outy, Renegade) the 450 alluded to should be no different.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
It looks like maybe 8" of clearance.. And most definatly SKIDPLATES are the first thing you buy before you go anywhere..
Did you notice in THIS PIX Can-Am seemed to have upgraded the skidplates from the 2006 Outlander 800. Looks like the made the from section tougher were all the problems have been. Lots like they are also member of ATVconnection and are reading the fourms!

Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I dont know if you ever hit anything on your quads.. But the outty needed them richochet skids in a bad way. Hell one day out and ripped the floorboard off one side. sticks, rocks, logs, whatever you go over.. you dont want hittin the frame and smashing it anywhere.