CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Originally posted by: beetlejuicewhome
Originally posted by: check
There's no way that it costs $700 more to ship a little 250 lb. kids ATV an extra hour (plus border crossing time) to Toronto versus, say Buffalo N.Y.
Its a joke. I was playing on the fact that can-am is made in mexico (bad, bad, bad)
They are still made in Canada though (at least for now).

Thing is that the price difference is pretty comparable no matter what brand so it sucks all around. And it's not because the customers are stupid like someone posted above because customers don't set the prices.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MadInventor
There's a show called underdog at CBC I sent the information to. We'll see how Bombardier likes answering about their discriminatory pricing on a national talk show. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Did this show or Market place ever get in touch with you???....Just wondering...Caper.........
If they did I would NOT want to miss that show!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Originally posted by: MadInventor
There's a show called underdog at CBC I sent the information to. We'll see how Bombardier likes answering about their discriminatory pricing on a national talk show. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Did this show or Market place ever get in touch with you???....Just wondering...Caper.........
If they did I would NOT want to miss that show!!!!!!!
I 2nd that!

Old 03-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Look what Yamaha did for the 08 snowmobiles.....US Pricing up $1,000 vs. CND Pricing only up $100.................I guess that can't lower the prices!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Range Rover

Just Curious, has anyone successfully purchased a CAN-AM atv in the states and managed to bring it into canada?
I've been reading the thread and it seems many people were saying they were going to, but did anyone actually do it?

Old 05-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!

Like my earier post said, it is very simple to do. I have been on a few trips with friends bring all sorts (including Can-Ams) accross the boarder. Just have you paperwork in order and you are out of there in 20 minutes

Old 05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

I called the border and have everythign ready paper wise. I know I need to give US customs 72 hours notice and that is fine, and I know what taxes and duties need to be paid, and I know I will need to pay the $300 to get the unit inspected in canada once I bring it here, but there is one thing that got me hung up.

I'm sorry I don't mean to ask you to repeat yourself, but I think there is a piece of the puzzel missing. or perhaps I just didn;t understand yer post

I just called the dealer in Ohio to order mine so it would be ready when I went down. He outright refused to sell it to me without proof of US residency. How did you get around that when you bought yours?

I have a friend who lives in ohio, I'm considering using him to help me buy it but I'm not sure what approach to take. any addidional help you can offer would be much appreciated. I'm curious to know what you did. I'm ready to buy my outlander today.... but they won't sell it to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the deal I found is almost $4500 cheaper than the canadian MSRP. meaning instead of financing 10Grand of the 15k purchase price I only have to finance 5.5grand.. thats 1/2 the payment so it means a difference of being able to buy and not being able to buy.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:03 AM

We never had any problem buying them in the US. The honda dealer did not care where my buddy lived. The other buddy that bought a DS, Raptor and a Preditor in the US bought them all from the same dealer. The dealer used an address of the local campground. He knew we where from Canada but did not care.

I would try another dealer if that certain dealer refuses to sell to you. If you can tell him you are paying cash (US Cash), it seems to motive people.

Hope that helps

Old 05-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Range Rover

ok great. Maybe he was just playing dumb thinking I could be someone testing him. IF I show up with the money yer proably right he'll proably let me do it. I guess there is only one way to find out... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Good Luck

Let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply: Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian