CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-Am, Canada RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

I was recently considering purchasing a new 2007 Renagade in the Fall until I did some homework and found out that there is a $2,500 CDN price gap between the Canadian Price and the US price!

Renagade list price $9,299 USD x 0.90 (exchange rate) = $10,200 Canadian funds

Here in Canada the Price is $12,699, That $2,500 MORE or 36% more and there still made here in Canada WTF!
(Its a full $3,000 MORE to buy the Outlander LTD).

Our $ is much stronger than last year and they still go and raise all the prices $300 over last year (are they nuts)

And to make matters worst, if I buy south of the border I will also save an additional $400 in CDN TAXES.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can-Am, Canada RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Oh and It's not only Bombardier,. Yamaha Canada priced the Yamaha Apex GT almost $3,500 more in Canada after exchange. the manufacuturs need to wake up because I will NOT buy here in Canada.
I told this to a Yamaha Rep and he answer was go buy south and you have NO WARRENTY, I said who cares $3,000 will buy allot of parts! losers

Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

I thought the exchange rate was around .55-.65. I have never seen the can $ be so close to the US $.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe as the dollar flucuates they will have rebates to help compensate. Have you ever know them to do that up there?

Old 05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
I thought the exchange rate was around .55-.65. I have never seen the can $ be so close to the US $.
in 2002 we hit a record low of .61, but we've been on a tear since then . Manny analist are expecting the Canadian doller to be at par with the US by the fall.

Excahage Callculartor Canada's at .9099 today

Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
Maybe as the dollar flucuates they will have rebates to help compensate. Have you ever know them to do that up there?
Nope, but if they don't do something I'm buying 2 cars, an ATV in the US. I mean it not just ATV's its everything. Example I needed a new Track for my Snowmobile had it ship from the US for $358 CDN, best price I could get here was $639. I'm tired of this B.S.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:05 PM
TPR
The Champ

Hey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!

Besides, I'll wait for the 450.

TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TPR
Hey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!Besides, I'll wait for the 450. TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
lol, no you can't blame the french. It's all the gread of the Manufactures. I like what Mercedes Benz did with Canadian for the SLR. the Canadian price given in US dollers and then converted the day you paid for it. It was fair and Canadian's stop buying south of the border

Old 05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Hey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!Besides, I'll wait for the 450. TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
lol, no you can't blame the french. It's all the gread of the Manufactures. I like what Mercedes Benz did with Canadian for the SLR. the Canadian price given in US dollers and then converted the day you paid for it. It was fair and Canadian's stop buying south of the border

LOL, you just proved my point....the French are scared of the Germans, so they get their way...Hey at least you guys get great hockey up there...me, when I want to play here in southern California, I have to wait till 10pm on a weeknight to go play some ice hockey....

Yeah, it is amazing that a Canadian based company can't seem to work a deal out with their own people.....

TPR

Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Originally posted by: TPRHey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!Besides, I'll wait for the 450. TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
LOL, you just proved my point....the French are scared of the Germans, so they get their way...Hey at least you guys get great hockey up there...me, when I want to play here in southern California, I have to wait till 10pm on a weeknight to go play some ice hockey....Yeah, it is amazing that a Canadian based company can't seem to work a deal out with their own people.....TPR

Well I've email this to my friends and so far we have 4 commited buyers ( 2 Oulander 500 MAX XT, and 2 Oulander 800 XT) we going to try a fill up a trailer. If anyone else want's in please PIN me. Also if anyone know a great USA dealer close to Ontario Canada that will give us a great price on buying 5 -10 unit please let me know.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian