CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Accelerator Pump on TM45

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelerator Pump on TM45

Thanks guys for your input. I just called Elliot at Ron Wood to pick his brain. Said because it's a Stage III I will not see any bottom end. Told me to keep that throttle open (man we don't have endless dunes here). We also mentioned the Outy 800 and Renegade. Said it capable of doing 120-130 MPH and easily achieve 100 HP.

Hightower did do the pump on my carb. I wanted input as I am going on my first ride of the year. I'm sure he set it right. Just wanted input from others. He is also not home I believe he is in Utah riding (I'm so jealous). Just want first ride of the year to be spot on.

I will mess with it a little more. I was hoping for some arm yanking snap. I also have Lectron HV46 also but I wanted to try the TM45 and figure out which out of the two I am going to part with. I was a little partial on the TM for the sole purpose of the accelerator pump. Let me play with it and I will input a little more. However I may hang on it is as I will be seeing Hightower soon & maybe he will be kind enuff (again) to help me out on this one.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Are you running a thumb throttle or twist? I am going on the first trip with my Hightower equipped TM this weekend at Silver Lake. I am a little concerned about my throttle pull, Hightower said a little more than stock but it is pretty darn stiff.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JMann2380, you should be able to take the spring out in the throttle housing to make it a little easier.

Dave, I forgot about the stage 3 with the bigger valves, it is more of a top end bike than a trail bike, switch to alky, you will gain more bottom end power
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Test rode it today. Feels a little snappier and less hesitant than before but still no arm yanking pull. Defintely seems to lift the front wheels a little easier. I still need to play with it some more. Started to rain so it cut my testing time short. Anyone here running the snorkel? I have a direct mount air filter but I would like to put the snorkel on if it would help.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:47 PM
eRo
Range Rover

the snorkle should give u much more bottom-mid power than carb mount filter which will give better top end. u will have to jet up with snorkle cause it will increase velocity alot.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Look in my pics, I have the snorkel win an aluminum air box. I am running a 165 main jet. My mods are listed below.....I just need a set of cams. If you "blip" the throttle yes it will cut out and fall on it face. But I dont see any reason to play with my throttle. I dont have a pump on my TM45. I have ridden Glamis a few times with my setup and never had one issue with my lack of an accelerator pump. I did have issues with findig the right main jet but thats a different story.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

I guess it's just preference really. I like the fact I can "blip" the throttle. Where you live (and not knocking it) I prob would never need this but there are times where I have to slow it down. I do a lot of track riding as there is no legal open space riding in NJ. I am going to put the snorkel on in the next few days. I will look into getting some jets to jet it up.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have a feeling the hesitation your talking about is in the stage III not the the accelerator pump adjustment. The pump add on was (from what I understood) to get rid of the "blip" stall. Your saying hesitation.....like loss of bottom end torque. I have plenty of wheelie problems, seriously way too easy. 15t with 22" tires if that helps...? BTW: I ride some old jeep/mine/6000ft+mountain trails in AZ and I would never need to get past 3rd gear. So I do ride every terrain. Dunes can be just as important for your throttle response off idle. I have had to crest many dunes off and hard back on it or loose it.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

entomber, man i have tried it both ways...with and with out the snorkel.....with the snorkel is the way to go.....it will increase your torque greatly....and u will pick up a few ponies on the bottem end.......