CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

700r

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700r

Originally posted by: 700raptor
see thats the thing i never really got into highly modifing my warrior... what i used to have... i put full exhaust intake and gotit rejeted thats the thing so im not really up to speed on cams and stuff but on this bke i want it to set out from the rest of the crowd... obviously thats not an option with the way you gys are setup but here the folks around here tend to slightly modify but i am goin to the dunes for the first time in august im goin down to the outer banks in north carolina to see how i like it... but back on track... what should i do and what should i not do.. i mean if i put cams and get it punched out and all the goodys how badly will it affect the reliablility of this motor... plus most of the time i am in the trails but when i want to go i want to know that no one can touch me.... bye the way thanks to all of you for your help i feel like a total greenhorn here so thanks for being patient.....
I think any time you start altering a stock bike with performance parts you run the risk of putting additional stress on the other stock components. That said I think the Raptor is a solid platform for many performance mods. I would imagine that the mods you were reffering to, if installed by a competant builder, would maintain its reliability. You will undoubtedly need to perform more meticulous maintenance but that should be expected with any build. I am a fan of using mods all designed by one builder especially if you are not particularly build savy... in other words to let Trinity do the entire build would be smart. They know their components and how the work together... there will be less issues with small clearance issues and they can tune it to what they have dynoed the parts at. I say do it... but I tell everyone that.LOL I'm sure you would be totally happy with the results. Good luck!

Old 05-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default 700r

Originally posted by: FatHolly
see thats the thing i never really got into highly modifing my warrior... what i used to have... i put full exhaust intake and gotit rejeted thats the thing so im not really up to speed on cams and stuff but on this bke i want it to set out from the rest of the crowd... obviously thats not an option with the way you gys are setup but here the folks around here tend to slightly modify but i am goin to the dunes for the first time in august im goin down to the outer banks in north carolina to see how i like it... but back on track... what should i do and what should i not do.. i mean if i put cams and get it punched out and all the goodys how badly will it affect the reliablility of this motor... plus most of the time i am in the trails but when i want to go i want to know that no one can touch me.... bye the way thanks to all of you for your help i feel like a total greenhorn here so thanks for being patient.....
I think any time you start altering a stock bike with performance parts you run the risk of putting additional stress on the other stock components. That said I think the Raptor is a solid platform for many performance mods. I would imagine that the mods you were reffering to, if installed by a competant builder, would maintain its reliability. You will undoubtedly need to perform more meticulous maintenance but that should be expected with any build. I am a fan of using mods all designed by one builder especially if you are not particularly build savy... in other words to let Trinity do the entire build would be smart. They know their components and how the work together... there will be less issues with small clearance issues and they can tune it to what they have dynoed the parts at. I say do it... but I tell everyone that.LOL I'm sure you would be totally happy with the results. Good luck!

hells yeah i couldnt agree with you more on the one builder... i think that is my plans for the fall ... im just gonna pull the motor and send it to em and pretty much tell em to make it a bad bit*h wellh opefully itll work out... but thanks again for all yalls info and advice..... oh and im pretty sure ill be happy with it....... does it help to get a longer steerin stem... cause when i go out i start early and ride til dark and my body just aint cut out for it...lol.... would that help me at all or would it just be pointless

Old 05-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700r

Go to Raptorforum.com and you will be able to get all your answers.

If you've aready added that intake and slipon without the fuel controller than you are probably running lean.

CHECK YOUR PLUG!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700r

hells yeah i couldnt agree with you more on the one builder... i think that is my plans for the fall ... im just gonna pull the motor and send it to em and pretty much tell em to make it a bad bit*h wellh opefully itll work out... but thanks again for all yalls info and advice..... oh and im pretty sure ill be happy with it....... does it help to get a longer steerin stem... cause when i go out i start early and ride til dark and my body just aint cut out for it...lol.... would that help me at all or would it just be pointless
I'm a big fan of the taller steering stem, but mostly because I'm a tall guy... 6'6" It is really helpful especially when I'm standing on the pegs so I don't have to be all hunched over. The antivibe is only slightly noticable but I think it does help on the long days like you were talking about... I would deffinetly recomend it though just for the height factor... the Raptor bars are a little lower than the DS on stock machines so the added height would not hurt you at all. Good luck!