CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS drag racing results

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DS drag racing results

Originally posted by: 05dsrider
webopper i dont mean to argue but i know some guys around here that on a nice day on a straight road can definately wheelie longer than 2 miles
I believe that, but the fact remains, the current Guinness World Record for a quad wheeling is 2.8 miles. It was set earlier this year by a guy from Texas, I believe. It took him 31 minutes to go the 2.8 miles. 31 minutes to go 2.8 miles I don't understand, but that's the story.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

sounds like he was riding that wheelie in first gear if it took him that long lol

Old 05-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Originally posted by: Webopper
Okay DuneRider, you mentioned this was your last post on this thread but I'd like to see one more from you. Like atvaddict mentioned, we all have wins we are proud of that we don't think we should of won. When we get those wins though, we usually know why...poor start, bad rider, missed shift, poor hookup, something happened to give you the win that you shouldn't of had. You alluded to the fact in your last post you were proud and couldn't believe you actually won, so I would think it fit in that catagory. On the other hand, your first post states "The ds still proving to be the bike to beat". That would indicate to me the DS is that much better than a Predator and a YFZ and the bike to beat. If that's the case, what is there to be happy and surprised about? On the flip side, if you didn't expect to win, and did, that would indicate the Pred and YFZ are better, but something happened to give you the win.

You see where I'm going with this? I'm curious to get your opinion on how you beat a Predator on NOS and a piped YFZ. From my perspective, 1 of 2 things happened here. Either the DS is a really good bike and you should of won, or they screwed up and you know it. The DS is a good bike, I know that. I also know enough to know in the configuration you have listed in your profile, the DS does not beat a Predator piped and filtered on the bottle. If you really did win as you say you did, you and I both know it's because they screwed up. And if that happened, what is there to be happy about?

Tell ya what, on my word, I will let you have the last word on this one. I want to get your final, honest perspective on this, and no matter what the reasonings are, I won't question them.
Webopper....I do not ride with many people and dont get to line up with many machines(none out here) so when i hear of how fast these yfz450s are modified and see a predator with nitrous i really have no clue to how im going to do...even tho i hear of the ds winning on here a fair bit...i got used to my ds and didnt think it was that fast so of course i wasnt to sure what was going to happen specially with the nitrous bottle. I now no my ds is just plain a faster machine than the two on a flat highway. When i won against him on the nitrous i really do not know why i won....he did not seem to be having troubles and never said anything after that race like something messed up and he wanted to race again and im pretty sure he would of wanted to race again if something happend. Im not saying that a really good setup polaris predator with nitrous shouldnt win.....it really should i think thats why i was so shocked and happy that i won.