CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I started the "faster than yfz450" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I started the "faster than yfz450" thread

Umm....I would just like to say some people need to grow up, who ever ridiculed me for being 20 and only having 12 posts and linking them to my knowledge of quads in general is an ignorant fool. I went to a technical school for 2 years and college for 2 on small engine mechanics...And I know enough to compare 2 strokes to 4 strokes is also retarted...People could argue all day about moving parts or the lack of them, 2 power stokes per 1, valves no valves, power bands, tourqe curves, peak HP...Fact remains...Whens the last time you seen the podium with 1 dominite quad??? Why have people traded their 650DS's, 660/700Rs and 250Rs for the 450 class?? It's all personal prefference honestly...And to whomever tried to say my 04 is outdated by the 06 and that it is a completely different motor is a figging idiot. I recently spun the crank bearing on my YFZ and I asked the tech if the parts on the 06 are any different and he replied "no, only difference is the crank throw and rod length, and they sealed the decompression plug, and you'll be having the 06 crank/rod in yours" sooo.SHHH, obviously you are a DS650 owner and wouldn't know anything about the YFZ...(not to say all you bomb owners know nothing about them, just this guy in particular) another thing, when i asked faster, i meant on a track and acceloration, the fact you roll a foot and a half higher with 3 inch talled tires = higher top end, and who ever does 75 on a MX race track, wich the YFZ was made to race in...I could honestly care less if we are wide open on the road and u can roll past me by 3-5 mph, hit 2 turns and you cant even see me anymore. Or i can add a tooth up front, get bigger tires or a number of things now your beat 3 ways.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, I think someone missed their 420 smoke break.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

No, I'm pretty sure it was just a missed medication. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Besides, 2 years of tech school and 2 years of college, and spells it retarted?

Wish I had known, could have bought a dictionary for a graduation gift. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Now relax. It's just a joke.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

OK if we start this again it will be locked down even faster just relax and get along. All quads are different and everyone is gonna stick up for thier favorite so just be happy with what you have or get something else. I like mine and my husbands and I prefer them over the YFZ but I am not gonna put your bike down just because I don't particularly like to ride it compared to mine. Lets just all get along and relax. Have a great day boys.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cynick
OK if we start this again it will be locked down even faster just relax and get along. All quads are different and everyone is gonna stick up for thier favorite so just be happy with what you have or get something else. I like mine and my husbands and I prefer them over the YFZ but I am not gonna put your bike down just because I don't particularly like to ride it compared to mine. Lets just all get along and relax. Have a great day boys.
Well I just got the smack down again.....Ok, I will behave

Old 05-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ450Rider420
Umm....I would just like to say some people need to grow up, who ever ridiculed me for being 20 and only having 12 posts and linking them to my knowledge of quads in general is an ignorant fool. I went to a technical school for 2 years and college for 2 on small engine mechanics...And I know enough to compare 2 strokes to 4 strokes is also retarted...People could argue all day about moving parts or the lack of them, 2 power stokes per 1, valves no valves, power bands, tourqe curves, peak HP...Fact remains...Whens the last time you seen the podium with 1 dominite quad??? Why have people traded their 650DS's, 660/700Rs and 250Rs for the 450 class?? It's all personal prefference honestly...And to whomever tried to say my 04 is outdated by the 06 and that it is a completely different motor is a figging idiot. I recently spun the crank bearing on my YFZ and I asked the tech if the parts on the 06 are any different and he replied "no, only difference is the crank throw and rod length, and they sealed the decompression plug, and you'll be having the 06 crank/rod in yours" sooo.SHHH, obviously you are a DS650 owner and wouldn't know anything about the YFZ...(not to say all you bomb owners know nothing about them, just this guy in particular) another thing, when i asked faster, i meant on a track and acceloration, the fact you roll a foot and a half higher with 3 inch talled tires = higher top end, and who ever does 75 on a MX race track, wich the YFZ was made to race in...I could honestly care less if we are wide open on the road and u can roll past me by 3-5 mph, hit 2 turns and you cant even see me anymore. Or i can add a tooth up front, get bigger tires or a number of things now your beat 3 ways.

And your point is??????????
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

How much HP on a yzf 450 ?

Old 05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LTZ...........where are ya buddy?

YFZ450rider420 - Clearly education is not a sure cure for ignorance.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Originally posted by: cynick
Well I just got the smack down again.....Ok, I will behave
Holy crap you crack me up I hope to meet you one day then maybe I really can give you a smack down.HAHA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I started the "faster than yfz450" thread