CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Panic and freeze or just stoopid things people do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Panic and freeze or just stoopid things people do?

Many, many (a few more of those) I was at friends house on the old bicycle. Accross the street was a company that had a loading dock and platform. I decided I could jump off the dock (about 4 ft high). Started at the back of the platform, which was about 8 feet from the edge of the dock. In my mind, I told myself I only need to lift the front end up and I'll be fine. Somehow, my mind forgot to tell my body. Got to the edge, wasn't going fast enough, and didn't pull up. Wound up catching the front sprocket on the edge of the dock, and it more or less catapulted me over the handlebars into the parking lot below. Just so happens, the parking lot was made up of black crushed cinders. After I bounced and slid, I get up to see my friend laughing hysterically (that's what friends are for). I'm covered in black, road rashed with no major bleeding. Do my best to just act like nothing is wrong, but do notice it's about time to go home for dinner. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Had to stop at a gas station and try to clean up before I got to the house.

To this day, I still resent loading docks.