CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
where in oregan is this event, where is oregan, and how long does it take to get there from fresno ca. and i think you said august 5 if im not mistaken. come on now someone help me out.

Oregon is on the east coast...right under Maine. Thats just north of New York City, ROFLOL! It shouldnt take ya no more than about a week or so to get there....Nah, J/K. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

where in oregan is this event, where is oregan, and how long does it take to get there from fresno ca. and i think you said august 5 if im not mistaken. come on now someone help me out.

2big,

It is about a 17 hr drive as I recall from Pismo. Test and tune is on Friday and most of the racing is Saturday the 5th.

Tom has had some issues with his machines but they are coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, about the Pat Both initiation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].........Ok, you have to go 24 hrs without a subsandwhich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Let me know how it goes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know you aren't planning to drive all the way up to dunefest but you sure would be welcome to come up and hang out with us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

17 hours. are you sure your not racing up in washington ? the oregan border is about 9 hours roughly from where i live. thats what i was told anyway. whats the name of this place so i can mapquest it out and see for myself how far it is. no sandwiches for 24 hours no problem , i will just fill up on tacos.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

2big, Reedsport OR, or Winchester Bay OR. Its about a 3.0-3.5 hour drive from the Oregon border, assuming you are headed up 5.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
you have to go 24 hrs without a subsandwhich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]... you are an evil, evil man Mr. Nut, depriving us bigun's of sandwiches is a good way to get people hurt.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

[quote]
2big!!!!! Do you have your T-shirt yet? Have you passed the initiation yet? lol

If you are planning to make the trip i would love to have you as part of the group[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I already have a pilot and a backup pilot but I could use a sub-technician though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A sub-technician stands there holding a sub sandwhich in one hand and telling us how to set the bike up while pointing with the other finger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

NUT, is sounds like you are taking this seriously, I see on a different thread, that you are running an 8mm....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Oh, and not to mention having multiple pilots, and a lead technisican, and a sub-technician....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Can't wait to meet some of you all, that goes for mr and mrs cynick, cy and nick.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

2big,

It is about a 17 hr drive as I recall from Pismo. Test and tune is on Friday and most of the racing is Saturday the 5th.

Tom has had some issues with his machines but they are coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, about the Pat Both initiation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].........Ok, you have to go 24 hrs without a subsandwhich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Let me know how it goes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know you aren't planning to drive all the way up to dunefest but you sure would be welcome to come up and hang out with us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Test and tune is on Thursday, with racing on fri and sat. Heres a schedual link

http://www.dunefest.com/schedule.html

Old 07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My mistake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].........17 hrs to Glamis! Pismo is like 12 to 13......SORRY!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh crap! Keith are we racing Friday to? No wonder 222 won't let me go duning. This is a lot of work!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know who is doing the driving but there is no way you can make it to glamis within that 5 to 6 hour diference that you quoted . 17 to glamis and 12 to 13 to pismo. no way my friend no way. its a hard 8 to 10 hours to glamis from my house, and its only an hour and 50 minutes to pismo from my house. i think it might be about a 10 hour drive. i will check it out rite now and let you know.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

My mistake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].........17 hrs to Glamis! Pismo is like 12 to 13......SORRY!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh crap! Keith are we racing Friday to? No wonder 222 won't let me go duning. This is a lot of work!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hes right, better get you AZZ in gear. Sportsmans class is on friday. Pro class sat. Im basically ready. All I got left is replacing a nitrous switch and I just noticed my 40t sprocket is done for. Im going to be screwed if I cant get another in time. Not strutting the bike out just gonna run it as is. Hopefully its run better this year, last year I think the 2 smokes got double elimination and 4's got single. They really catered to the 2 strokes last year, dragging after 2 runs. When it got to the 4's it was like every 10 runs, track gets nasty after 5 or 6. It will be a blast no matter what.

Quick Reply: Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!