CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Shamrock vs. Ortiz

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shamrock vs. Ortiz

next up FatHolley vs Calds650 !!!

Is Shamrock 40 yrs old?

Old 07-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Go Ortiz for sure.....I loved watching tito fight when he was light heavyweight champion, and it sucked when he lost the belt and faded out of the UFC. But since coming back he has done really well beating Forest and now Shamrock from what was posted....maybe he'll fight Liddel again in the future?

Old 07-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I agree with Fatholly, although Im not into this kinda stuff I was just trying to make light of the situation with my Hulk Hogan coment I hope I didnt offend anyone. But anyway, just because Im not into it I would never say it is stupid. Me for example, I am really into college football especailly the Huskers and I know alot of people dont like football or the Huskers and thats fine but dont say its stupid or they suck because that is dissrespectful and it makes you look stupid.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

Shamrock just can't hang in the biz now for a couple of reasons. One is his age but the other is that the sport has changed. It isn't the game he started in and the type of style he fought simply won't work today. Just like so many other sports, the guys coming up are bigger, stronger, and much more well rounded in many more disciplines.

I have no idea why he wanted to get into the ring with Ortiz again other than a big payday. The last time he was just beat unmercifully like a redheaded stepchild. I didn't see this one yet (gotta wait until it hits the file sharing nets) but I hear people grumping that it was stopped too quickly. I read the play by play and it sounds like he was dominated yet again. Normally I'm one for making sure fights are stopped with a big margin of safety but in this case I think you let it go a bit farther than you normally would.

I always had a good deal of admiration for Ken Shamrock but I lost a lot of that when I talked to people who actually met him and worked with him. It was really confirmed when I saw his attitude and the way he acted and related to people on TUF. Pretty much confirmed what I had been told.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

saw the fight, and it wasn't going well at all for Shamrock. I've been following it for years and work out with some of the local boys at my gym, and let me tell you, it's one of the most difficult sports I've ever tried.
Let me first say that Shamrock was the man in his day. The sport has evolved SOOOOOO much, and Ken being 42.... it was't going to be close. The fight was stopped early after 5 or 6 straight elbows to Shamrocks head. The Ref. stopped the fight with concern for Shamrock. I think he had to stop it.... it wasn't going to get any better. I don't know if Ken was all that hurt, more so stunned and unable to protect himself. Guess we'll see if there will be a 3 or not.
For Ken Shamrocks sake, I hope there isn't. He should just retire and move on.

Either way, hats off to Ken for being great for the sport and making the Lion's Den what it is.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

I love the UFC and think this topic is like Bomb riders. We always have to fight to prove ourself to the ATV community

Old 07-09-2006, 04:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I like it as well. Ive seen much much worse stuff go down in an uncontrolled situation... The fact that this is in a controlled environment it great to me. Eve did take a good gash to the head and lost a bit of blood.. The Tim Silvia fight was a good one but they both went kinda slow and lasted the entire time. Its a tuff sport!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider

Follow up. Just watched it.

*EDIT* Ummmm nope I didn't. wrong match.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

i figured that tito would win i was rootin for him anways. anybody know who won tim sylvia or arlowski or however it spelt?

Old 07-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a good 1

lol shamrock win not a chance, hes old and washed up ! did'nt you watch season 3? i lost all respect for shamrock or scamrock like i call him

Quick Reply: Shamrock vs. Ortiz