CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Blowing fuses

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blowing fuses

I went out riding on saturday in the mud and some water puddles, and the bike ran fine all day. Sunday mornin came we where going to hit the trail system. I went to start the bike and no go. Had no dash lights so i checked the fuse and it was blowen so i put a new one in and the bike started then the fuse would blow again. I have gone through 7 fuse and it keeps doing it start, blow fuse, start, blow fuse, start, blow fuse. I'm sad right now the beast won't start. Any Idea's anyone..... It is the 25 amp fuse under the seat..

Bryan
AKA Bioware

Old 07-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing fuses

Will somewhere in your wiring system you have a short... but idunno where to start?!?

Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Default Blowing fuses

I know that's the problem, I ust don't know where start. I will work on it when i get out of work. I think it's going to take some time to figure it out I hope that it's nothin major to fix... So if anybody got some idea's let me know... Thanks..

Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Blowing fuses

First try making sure your fuse holders are clean and are nice and tight when you push the new fuse in.If they are dirty or just worn out that could be your problem all by itself.After that i need to know at what point the fuse blows while your turning it over after it starts or after it has been running awhile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] work with me here we will overcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Default Blowing fuses

When you turn the key on the dash lights up. But when i hit the start button, you can here the fuse pop. i looked about half the bike over with the volt meter and the things i checked seemed to be fine. I would of got more done, but went and play with the kids in a water ballon fight. I lost. I will check the rest tonight when i get home. i believe that it might be the lights.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Blowing fuses

The problem you just described is the fuse holder. The lights would blow it right away but if its alright until you hit the starter switch then it would be in the start circute but i belive at this point the fuse holder is the culprite.Good luck!!!

Wait it could be the ground to the motor or sub frame put a set of jumper cables directly from the batteryground to the motor to creat a good ground see if the problem gose away frist check your fuse holders. if you wish you can can call 602-763-4405 Richard.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blowing fuses

it sounds to me that the puddles of water had something to do with this problem check all the wiring to make sure nothing had gotten water in the lines and check the battery and all of the connections for the wiring. Also maybe a wire had been burnt by the engine and is stuck and keeps shorting out the quad

Old 07-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Blowing fuses

If your bike is well grounded water will not hurt your elec system in short term it will cause corrosion and short term problems but not what he is experiancing.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Default Blowing fuses

Well i started to work on the bike, so i started by unpluging the head lamp, it still popped the fuse. Then i went to the tack and unpluged it and still popped the fuse. Then the baja lights, I pulled the plug on them and it did not blow the fuse, their has to be a short in the lights some where. So i left the baja lights un pluged for now. The lights are grounded very well, I think i will take the lights off and clean and check them very well, thats where i will start. Now that i found the problem need to know how to fix it. Not very good with wiring and stuff.