CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lets say i want a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets say i want a turbo

u can pick up a kms turbo for about 4g's it is said a kms turbo on a stock bike make 85 ponys at the wheel

Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

dsnut...you are good at reading people but we all knew that already, i really want to just ride and enjoy it..i am not a guy who can/cares to build motors..

so i guess turbo is not for me! oh well...moving on!

thanks guys.....

Old 08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have not had a problem with my EFI Turbo system and have not seen any extra hassles of routine maintanance. But I only went with 5lbs of boost on AvGas to keep away from problems. I only get 72 rear wheel HP and 57 ft-lbs of torque, but that should be enough, since I'm not racing. Just a bolt on system with no opening up the motor.

The power comes on smooth and is very controllable. It feels just like stock, except more power....

But to each his own.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

azsandrider how long have you been runnign it on the stock motor

Old 08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Im am with you AZsanrider but stiil i belive they are not for everyone now shut the heII up i don't want any more turbos sold i want kelly to focus on those of us that have them and appreciate them.I was one who was aginst the turbo from the begining i just could not see a use for them. Then over a couple of years time i have watched and learned form others mistakes and have had nothing but good luck with my turbo. It puts out way more hp than most builds and is very dependable i don't change clutches like most big hp bikes it still has the same clutch as when i bought it and has run many more events then a lot of hi power monsters that require fresening up after each events she has had a few stumbles but nothing due to turbo or builder problems just parts going bad.And were talking a bike with triple digit toqure #'s yes i said toqure..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: I have one of the best builds out there i took what i thought to be the best of the two and i think i know who's getting the other...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to get the KMS turbo fi kit just for the cool factor. I know this sounds juvenile, but I would love to say my quad was a turbo charged fuel injected 650.

To me it just looks like a great bolt on that seems to work real well, and the power output to cost ratio seems great, and NO JETTING.

azsandrider, do you have to run AV gas, or do you do it for insurance.

Scott

Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chirochris
i run mostly trails and am stck except an endcap and filter...does it bolt on and do i need to do anything else beside buy it and bolt it on....normal gas and stockmotor with no mods ok..

is my money better spent on ther bolt ons...i want to ride the ds like normal and enjoy the trails and fields, but also want to win the few races we do and want to be fast..i get beat by a hopped up yfz alot and it pisses me off...
In trails most people want torque. The turbo will have to spool up and give up its power only at higher RPMs. So, while I like all power adders, I wouldnt think a turbo would be the best money spent for that particular application. Nitrous might work, certainly more instant, but thats the problem with Nitrous, its instant to the HP level you want - on or off. That might not be a good thing either, and I can picture going up a tree in certain circumstances.

I believe you should take a look at the other components that can enhance torque. These include higher compression piston. You might even consider endcaps that provide the right power down low as opposed to way up on high in terms of RPMs.

Thats my opinion.

Marky

Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

ok...azsandrider has brought me back in....

this is just a bolt...nothing else..i have an endcap and filter thats it do i need anything else to make this thing happen, and are all turbo's fuel injected?

i see 2 of them in peoples garages here that need to be removed....

does it run regular gas and can it ride the trails ok?

i dont want to open my motor at all..cams, piston...nothing

Old 08-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

oh yeah...how about a pick of this thing...it is funny looking and hidden or does it stick out like a sore thumb

Old 08-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

It looks very good and causes little boy's to cower when the pull up to you.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: lets say i want a turbo