CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lets say i want a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets say i want a turbo

i run mostly trails and am stck except an endcap and filter...does it bolt on and do i need to do anything else beside buy it and bolt it on....normal gas and stockmotor with no mods ok..

is my money better spent on ther bolt ons...i want to ride the ds like normal and enjoy the trails and fields, but also want to win the few races we do and want to be fast..i get beat by a hopped up yfz alot and it pisses me off...

Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I would spend the 4 k that you would be using for the turbo and either get their efi system or rebuild the engine with a hpr stock bore kit with a lectron 46 carb and a vortex.give mr hp a call and ask him what he thinks would be best or maybe someone with one of these setups could help out thnx.

http://www.hpresearch.net/

Old 08-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My likey nitrous!You get your nice contollable ride for the trails, and the juice for kicking ****. I havent rode a turbo, but I bet there a kick in the pants as well.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

bombriders suggestion of a stock bore build with HPR parts could get you where you want to be.I have the Lectron 46 hv with the HPR 12:1 piston and the HR3 cams with portwork and a few other goodies and i do very well against the faster YFZ quads.A Turbo set up sounds like it would be a fun ride but i am not sure how useable it would be for anything other than a long drag race.For the money a Turbo set up would cost you could do a stock bore build like mine and add Nitrous as i am going to do and then you could really put a whoopin on those Yammys.If you want more specifics on my stock bore build PM me and i will break it all down for you.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

To be honest the turbo is not for everyone it requires a comitment to service and a williness too follow directions. If you meet these requirments the turbo offers you great power that can be to play and frolic and then when you go to up grade rides the system just unbolts and you sell a completely stock ds rather than a burnt out custom nightmare bring the new bike home bolt on your power and your off having fun again thats the beauty of it you don't invest a ton in parts to find out your bikes outdated by the time your done.but it dose require a tad more skill to keep it up. ershats just my opionion im not sure it matters.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

On the other hand a stock bike on a good hit of boss noss will spank almost any 4fiddy i don't think
you will need anything else.I too have a stage three from across the pond VIA THE BOM.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

I think any setup would be good but the turbo for the dunes I could see a turbo but I ride trails and have sonstant mud and other stuff and don't think the turbo is the right thing for woods. Kms has the efi for about 2k I believe and have worked out some of the kinks from past setups that they had. Which would be much easier then having to deal with jetting. You could also consider lightening the hubs and going down to a 520 o ring chain and lose some rotating mass that way. Hpr will do the hubs for you and not sure about the 520 whose the best to get it from.

Trending Topics

Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
On the other hand a stock bike on a good hit of boss noss will spank almost any 4fiddy i don't think
you will need anything else.I too have a stage three from across the pond VIA THE BOM.
I am in agreement with AZ...............turbos are not for everyone. I have gotten the idea from you Chris that you like things to be pretty glitch-free. I don't think there is a turbo or EFI system that is glitch-free. It will be a maintenence and cleanliness thing...........I wouldn't do a turbo, personally.

AZ - What is your experience with Boss Noss? Have you been around it quite a bit?

Old 08-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

I am in agreement with AZ...............turbos are not for everyone. I have gotten the idea from you Chris that you like things to be pretty glitch-free. I don't think there is a turbo or EFI system that is glitch-free. It will be a maintenence and cleanliness thing...........I wouldn't do a turbo, personally.
That is exactly why I am going for a craburated system... I like to get dirty and from what I have read the EFI and Turbo are not the best thing for that... I like to beat up my bike for long periods without having to break out the deatailing gear... yup its a carb for me... oh what do I have here... it must the 48 Lectron I just got in the mail...Thanks Meaner![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have never had a truer hitting noss on a bike and i have had them all.I have boss noss on two bikes i have been running it for a couple months and it is great.A tad more but worth it for sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: lets say i want a turbo