CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...

Originally posted by: v2rider
Well im glad your brand loyal, so am i. I havnt had any repair either. And mine is also worth the big money, imo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah most of these atvs are reliable now days, you just get lemons in every brand...so what I'm saying is I don't see reliability as an advantage for the Can Ams either. If I was looking for soley reliable ATV I'd look at the big for Jap companys personally. Not saying Can Ams aren't reliable, it's just these others I've stated aren't bad quality bikes.

I wanted to add this.....while I created this thread saying the Outty 800 isn't overpriced, I didn't mean it's not expensive, $8799 is a lot of money for an ATV...just as $7499 is a good chunk of change for a toy, but once you near that 10 grand point is when you start asking yourself a few questions, and an ATV in the $8000's automatically sounds a lot more than an ATV in $7000 dollar range...but really it's not like you not getting more ATV for you money with the Can Am 800 over the King 700.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Toyeboy...I knew you would start coming around. I have been there.....done that. O.K., the Outlander is pricey....so what. You get what you pay for. By the way....which Suzuki machine has a 3 year warranty? I wonder what Suzuki charges for that kind of warranty.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Toyeboy - don't start getting cold feet now. The price thing can be overthought. There is something that money can't buy, and that's the feeling you have exactly what you wanted. A year or two from now you won't even remember the exact price you paid, but you'll still have that feeling of 'yeah'!

Go back and read Captain Quint post if you want. You will use that power on the trail. I've only opened mine up once cause I was bored on a long asphalt stretch back to camp. 68 mph if you're interested. I really don't care, it's on the trail where I rip it up and the 'yeah!' feeling comes on.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kawiyowee
Toyeboy - don't start getting cold feet now. The price thing can be overthought. There is something that money can't buy, and that's the feeling you have exactly what you wanted. A year or two from now you won't even remember the exact price you paid, but you'll still have that feeling of 'yeah'!

Go back and read Captain Quint post if you want. You will use that power on the trail. I've only opened mine up once cause I was bored on a long asphalt stretch back to camp. 68 mph if you're interested. I really don't care, it's on the trail where I rip it up and the 'yeah!' feeling comes on.
I'm not getting cold feet I was just saying all these ATV's are getting up there in price and ATVing isn't a cheap sport anymore, and when you look at the Outty 800 prices the lowest being 8799 now there's some sticker shock involved.
I still believe the standard Outty 800's price of $8799 is very reasonable if you compare it to the other Big bores out there, b/c of what your getting...b/c with a BF 750 it's got the power but not the ride and handling or the EFI...with the King Quad it's got almost everything except that sick V-twin power(plus it's detuned)...the 800 has both handling and power and EFI. I personally think the King is closer to the level of the Outty 800 than the BF 750, b/c of it's good balance of features and handling(not talking power here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

But I'm not in the market for an ATV just saying how I really feel about this topic... I'm still having a lot of fun with my King...and waiting for that ECU[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I payed way too much for my outty but I'm have had way too much fun with it its like having the only big block when your friends have small blocks. Better hurry before you have the only small block.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

All I can say is that Im on my second Outty, and when this ones gone I will get another! I sold my first Outty for a VERY nice chunk of change. So maybe being over priced has its benifits in the end. I also realy cant say that any other quad has the satisfaction when you ride it. I do mostly hard core trails and I have not had a single problem with the Outty. I would also like to say that I have owned a Grizzly 660, King quad 700, Brute 750, and 2 Outty's. And now I only own the Outty 800 xt camo!

Old 08-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Pro Rider

I think you can say that about the price of EVERYTHING!!!!!

Pickup trucks are $40,000+

Gas is $3.00 a gallon

etc, etc.

Everything has increased in price due to a myriad of reasons.

If you want it bad enough, you will find a way to afford it....

Otherwise find a different hobby/sport... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Toyeboy, The King Quad's ride and overall feel is probably closer to the Outlander than anything else out there. However, close is not the bullseye. The nnimbleness and feel in the front end is what is similar without the "twitchyness" that was prevelant in the King Quad. After owning and "enjoying" the King Quad, I can tell you that if you make the switch....you won't be looking back ....except to see whose trying to catch you!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
Toyeboy, The King Quad's ride and overall feel is probably closer to the Outlander than anything else out there. However, close is not the bullseye. The nnimbleness and feel in the front end is what is similar without the "twitchyness" that was prevelant in the King Quad. After owning and "enjoying" the King Quad, I can tell you that if you make the switch....you won't be looking back ....except to see whose trying to catch you!
I can't afford a new ATV right now, money's tight right now....I feel I lost to much money through depreciation when I bought my King brand new last June, so I'm not in a hurry to buy another new ATV...they depreciate so quickly and the dealer slaps on so many fees which makes it worse when you turn around to sell it later on. I'll be keeping my King for a while unless it turns into a must sell situation...then I would be without an ATV[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I owned and operated my new KQ for a year and sold it and purchased the new 800 Max. My wife just absolutely loves being a passenger on it too.We have about 800 miles on it now,its a 2006 model. My KQ was a 2005 model.

Power wise? The KQ cant even come close to the Outty 800. Though I must say that except for the low end lag from 0-9mph on the KQ, it too, is one of the finest big bore ATVs I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Maybe Outty 800 isn't overpriced...