CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

I've heard that allot of the industrial type paint strippers will actually soften/ruin the plastics, but I am surely open to any and all suggestions.
A phone call led me to the bikes location and now the Sheriffs department is handling it, although slowly in my eyes.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey ace glad to see you are back in action and sorry to hear about the loss and gain but if it were me I would be glad it is back also...Try using goof off it works great at removing paint just apply with a rag or something and keep rubbing and it will come off or maybe paint thinner but problably too strong but not for the hubs.Every dog has their day just remember that. Be safe and hope your engine is all good atleast it is still in one piece.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

I would leave the bike alone for now. I would make sure you have pictures of everything! Get a mechanic to estimate ALL damage and even for possible internal damage.....clutch material in oil.....bent shift forks....write it all up because who knows, it just might be beat up inside. CYA! We know these DS's are tanks and can take ALOT, but CYA. You should get new plastics....period! Dont go cleaning them because they will never be what they were. New tires too. This punk needs his *** handed to him, your actually doing what some parent didnt do for him...teach him respect. Sorry your the teacher. Maybe you can take him to work........

Old 09-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm with BajaX04.

I would also love to see a guy like that go to your work with you - I don't think you'ed have to run him any harder than the Marines in training though, he probably wont be able to compete with real Marines anyhow.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

well hey aceisback if you end up getting new plastics i would like to buy your vandelized plastics beacuase im sick of yellow and i think i might be able to clean them up let me know.

jonathan

Old 09-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
I've heard that allot of the industrial type paint strippers will actually soften/ruin the plastics, but I am surely open to any and all suggestions.
A phone call led me to the bikes location and now the Sheriffs department is handling it, although slowly in my eyes.
Ace, you might just check with an automotive paint shop and see what they recommend. They are removing paint from the Saturn cars with something. My son painted his Banshee with automotive paint with a flex agent and it looks awesome. Good luck with the project.

The kid probably doesn't realize how lucky he is that you didn't call up that ex Marine training. They really shouldn't pick on vets.

Cheers.

USAF Ret.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Well folks here's a little update for you all.
First of all I would like to tell BigWaynester and JohnnyAirtime to never lose hope, and anyone else that has had thier DS stolen from them. They may yet turn up and I very much hope that they do. The wheels of justice are very slow but they are turning. Here's how my deal ended up at 1030 this morning.

The guy that stole my DS back in August of 06 was arrested during a sweep in December. Arrainments here, postponments there, hearings some other time, it was all vey frustrating to say the least. Very long story short the sentencing was this morning and he recieved 180 days in County jail, 3 years Felony probation, and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $2261.

A word from experience, if you ever have a bike stolen and recovered take as many pictures from as many angles as you can. BEFORE you touch anything and try to start getting it back to it's former condition. Keep ANY and ALL reciepts from items, parts, supplies that it takes to do so. I handed the District Attorney 53 pictures that I had taken and she took probably 30 or 40 more herself. I had it pretty much restored when she took hers but it helped prove the shape it was once in. Reciepts go a long way in the court of law.

At this point I would like to thank all of the fine folks here on the forum who sold me or donated to me some of the items that it took to restore her to her former glory. A very special thanks goes out to monkeyinajar (phil, and his dad Shaun) for without the motor everything else would have been for naught. I hope anyone else that has to deal with this has the fortunate outcome that I've experienced.

Karma is a good thing. See ya'll back in the dunes soon.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats Vic........

I hope he's not gonna' pay you 10 bucks a month for the rest of his life.........................

Old 07-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Hey Vic sometimes there is justice in this country. Big Raynull

Old 07-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

IS it??? Did Ray get a computer?? HI

Quick Reply: STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.