CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

hello there guys i was just wondering if i'm getting ready to make a good deal or a bad one? i have a guy that has a 2000 ds and he is interested in trading my straight up for my 02 660 raptor ? what do you guys think i'm in my mid 40's and the raptor is lighter then the ds but thats ok for me

Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That really depends on the condition of the two bikes. Those two bikes in equally good condition, I would say the Raptor has held its value better overall.

The reason is that a much larger segment of the market would like to buy a Raptor. Of course if you can find the small segment of the market that love the DS, it will be worth more.

Assuming good condition, I would say the Raptor would sell in my area for about $4000. The DS would probably go for about $3000 here. (Oregon)

Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

well thank you that my raptor is in good condition i have to store it on my trailor so it shows signs of rust on my a-arms so i figure that its worth at least 2500 as it is i ride it all the time.so you think its a good deal then?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Assuming they are equals in condition and reliability, if the DS is what you want, you will get more for your money by trading for the DS. It is a better built bike.

Why does he want to get rid of his DS? The question i would ask myself is......"What makes this guy think he is winning by trading me straight up"?

I don't know if it is a good deal or not. In my area, Raptors are much more popular and aren't usually as good a buy because of it.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

I am the the owner of the DS650 it in great shape the only reason i want to get rid of it is it is not want im looking for it heavy.. i want something lighter and sportier that i can throw around. i used to have a 2001 raptor but i sold it cause the trans problem i loved it. the ds650 is more for just trail riding i want one that is good for tight spaces and jumping and wheelies. the ds doesn't do wheelies as good as the raptor did.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Well, here we are again folks, time for another update. As I stated a few post ago (last year) the wheels of justice are turning but ever so slowly. It was almost a year ago now that the sentencing took place and restitution was ordered. A few days ago I got my first check in the amount of $375 out of the $2261. Guess better late than never. Would've rather have had it all at one time, even if it meant waiting a little while longer but I guess now I can plan dune trips around these checks arriving! Just thought I'd let those who are still around and were familiar with the goings on know how it's proceeding.
Hopefully no one else is dealing with this kind of crap. I'd be interested in how your particular case turned out if you are.
Ride safe ya'll.
Ace

Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Just read this whole thread! Wow, how is the bike these days? Still have it? Have you received all your $ yet??

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Wow! Digging deep there Clayton, boring day with nothing better to do or what?lol Matter of fact I do still have that particular machine but it is in the process of being "restored"(?) back to a completely stock DS and will be for sale here real shortly. Along with a couple of others in various forms of modification. Problem is that I have six DS's sitting around the garage right now and I need to make room for a RZR XP900. Plus a fella only needs so many quads.
I'll be keeping an EFI 730 along with another 730 and a pristine 03 Baja that I picked up recently. The other three have to go and will be mostly stock so that the lucky new owners can do to them what they please. Probably conversions the way things go nowadays.
Thanks for the interest. Haven't seen a check in about a year now and I've only recieved about a grand up to this point in time.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

total bummer-

where are you located?

It'll show up on craigslist sooner or later... no doube local.

oh- never mind- didn't realize it was a revived thread from many years ago!!! LIKE OVER HALF A DECADE!!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Lol, Ya I was killing time at work and searching the forum for aftermarket plastics and saw this thread so I replied, haha.
I just got a new (to me) 2004 X and am looking thru threads and researching, etc etc.
Love the bike btw!

Quick Reply: STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.