CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What gains will i see?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What gains will i see?

Mysteried - I usually don't forget people I have met. What bike were you on when we met? Which hill? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Was this at South Jetty? Your friend had a brand new red DS?

Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Was that the day I stopped by, or are we on a different weekend? Mike good luck, that pig of yours already flies

Old 11-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Brent too many days at the coast for me i cant remember.I am far from satisfied with the performance i have but thanks for the compliment.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you and your buddy are the two guys I am thinking of that I met at the bottom of south jetty, I owe you both a sincere apology, lol.

I was sandbagging you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I had heard rcoop was going to be there that day and I was checking you guys out.

Mike and I do the sandbagging thing from time to time, lol. Especially when Yfzfryguy is there. He makes any bike faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
Brent too many days at the coast for me i cant remember.I am far from satisfied with the performance i have but thanks for the compliment.
Mike, you have the sickness bad! Your bike rips and is stone reliable but it will never be enough..........lol.

Here is my opinion on your new mods. It is all going to depend on how long your clutch has been slipping and how much it has been slipping undetected. Your new mods will help but if your clutch has been failing for some time and you couldn't feel it, you will see huge gains by simply hooking up in your clutch basket. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

DSNUT, it's us that should apologize, we were pulling the ole bait and switch, you see Carl only weighs 235 to my 240[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mystereid
DSNUT, it's us that should apologize, we were pulling the ole bait and switch, you see Carl only weighs 235 to my 240[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now that's funny right there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Ron my clutch had been slowly fading for the last three or four rides and finally it just would not come back into adjustment.I think that you are right about the clutch alone making a big difference.From the many runs i made up the hill last year i could tell that if i could only build more power from the mid range up that i would really have something and i believe that my new mods will give me that.The extra compression alone should provide more torque for the hills from all that i have read and heard.My Vortex has a couple of programs that go as high as 9300 RPM and with my Big Gun i dont think i ever got any higher than just below 8000 so again that should help.I am not sure where my HR3 cams will fall off in the top end 8500-9000,any ideas?My opinion is that the port work i have that Chuck at CG Performance did will make even more of a difference now with more compression and a higher rev limit.Of course i may be way off but i will soon find out.Next a drag axle!!! $$$$