CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

UBET what ws up with the lights?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
Originally posted by: UBETRUNI need to ask a brutally honest question before making a final decision whether to go to the Clash or PS, I can't do both.Is there a plan to improve the lights? I mean really improve them, as in up to par for the fastest 4 strokes in the country.Although it wouldn't have made any difference overall at the last race, I got screwed by the lights. My machines and jockey will be a lot more prepared this Spring and don't want to drive 1400 miles to get screwed again. I love the format and the friends but can't deal with another fustercluck with the lights.
What was it about the lights that didnt seem to pan out for you at the last race?

http://www.planetsand.com/memberphot...3-100_1845.JPG

No lights on my side of the tree and the other side is green. Like I said before, it wouldn't have made any difference in the end but it still sucked. I'm surprised you forgot about this Scott, we have discussed it before this thread.

So back to my question, are there any plans to bring Sicily's lights up to PS specs?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OverRaTeD
I won't make it this time. I have a conflict with that date.
Will you make the PS race??

:-)

Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Originally posted by: UBETRUNI need to ask a brutally honest question before making a final decision whether to go to the Clash or PS, I can't do both.Is there a plan to improve the lights? I mean really improve them, as in up to par for the fastest 4 strokes in the country.Although it wouldn't have made any difference overall at the last race, I got screwed by the lights. My machines and jockey will be a lot more prepared this Spring and don't want to drive 1400 miles to get screwed again. I love the format and the friends but can't deal with another fustercluck with the lights.
What was it about the lights that didnt seem to pan out for you at the last race?

<a href="http://www.planetsand.com/memberphotos/568133-100_1845.JPG">http://www.planetsand.com/memberphot....JPG</A>

No lights on my side of the tree and the other side is green. Like I said before, it wouldn't have made any difference in the end but it still sucked. I'm surprised you forgot about this Scott, we have discussed it before this thread.

So back to my question, are there any plans to bring Sicily's lights up to PS specs?

I dont see the lights being up to "Planetsand Specs" for this race.

But, I really wish you would have brought this to my attention at the race, as you would have certainly got a rerun. Planetsand also has light malfunctions during the actual races and yes, they have to manipulate their system to correct the problem as well.

I really think the beams were shining through your front wheels causing the beams to reconnect, hence the prestage/staging problem.

We will do our best to rectify any problems we might incur with the lights, thats for sure.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Yeah, I will be at the PS race.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

<a href="http://www.planetsand.com/memberphotos/568133-100_1845.JPG">http://www.planetsand.com/memberphot...PG</A>No lights on my side of the tree and the other side is green. Like I said before, it wouldn't have made any difference in the end but it still sucked. I'm surprised you forgot about this Scott, we have discussed it before this thread.So back to my question, are there any plans to bring Sicily's lights up to PS specs?
I dont see the lights being up to "Planetsand Specs" for this race.But, I really wish you would have brought this to my attention at the race, as you would have certainly got a rerun. Planetsand also has light malfunctions during the actual races and yes, they have to manipulate their system to correct the problem as well. I really think the beams were shining through your front wheels causing the beams to reconnect, hence the prestage/staging problem. We will do our best to rectify any problems we might incur with the lights, thats for sure.
I had aluminum tape over the wheel, the light couldn't shine through. I got the tape from fast69.

No hard feelings at all, I was hurting for seat time and the machines I brought weren't even close to dialed in. I was not competitive with the guys that had been racing all summer by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, I chased him when my light turned green :-)

Old 01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

<a href="http://www.planetsand.com/memberphotos/568133-100_1845.JPG">http://www.planetsand.com/memberphot...PG</A>No lights on my side of the tree and the other side is green. Like I said before, it wouldn't have made any difference in the end but it still sucked. I'm surprised you forgot about this Scott, we have discussed it before this thread.So back to my question, are there any plans to bring Sicily's lights up to PS specs?
I dont see the lights being up to "Planetsand Specs" for this race.But, I really wish you would have brought this to my attention at the race, as you would have certainly got a rerun. Planetsand also has light malfunctions during the actual races and yes, they have to manipulate their system to correct the problem as well. I really think the beams were shining through your front wheels causing the beams to reconnect, hence the prestage/staging problem. We will do our best to rectify any problems we might incur with the lights, thats for sure.
I had aluminum tape over the wheel, the light couldn't shine through. I got the tape from fast69.

No hard feelings at all, I was hurting for seat time and the machines I brought weren't even close to dialed in. I was not competitive with the guys that had been racing all summer by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, I chased him when my light turned green :-)

John, certainly no hard feelings. You are a very competitive guy in whom Im priveledged to call my friend.

You know as well as anyone that I tried my best to make it very clear before the race that if you feel there was a light malfunction to "not chase" and then we would be glad to rerun that race. Oh well, its water under the bridge now. I just wish we could have gotten this ironed out on race day.

At the least, we should have the "win" lights installed so there will be no guess work on who wins or loses this time around. It will take a lot headache out of running an event of this magnitude.

I really appreciate the insight we are gathering on this very subject.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

A system that works well costs thousands. At the Baton Rouge track there is a BIG display at the end of the track with ET and MPH along with slips. Although the owner has spent ALOT of money on the system it still fails at times. The asphault track right next to it never has problems.
Adding a win light and guard beams will have more people believing in legitiment wins and times. Its not an easy task. I have looked into buying a system myself and imo they are wayyyy over priced.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

I totally agree. The lighting systems are a great thing.....when they work right. LOL!

Adding win lights and a guard beam is only a matter of $800 and you simply plug & go.

I'll see what I can do.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Anyone want to discuss back to the basics? I am talking about racing like we did at the very first Clash.

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!