CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

What Overrated didnt tell everybody is that his bike is down right now and he would be a spectator no matter what, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Based on your responces it seems you that you took it as I was asking for a 8 th class to be added.

Here is a cut and past from page one.
This is how class 2 is stipulated.
2---STOCK BORE/STOCK STROKE LIMITED (4 STROKE)((SINGLE CYLINDER))(((NO POWER ADDERS)))

Here is all that I am proposing.
2---STOCK BORE/STOCK STROKE LIMITED (4 STROKE)))(((NO POWER ADDERS)))

whats the big deal???

Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
Based on your responces it seems you that you took it as I was asking for a 8 th class to be added.

Here is a cut and past from page one.
This is how class 2 is stipulated.
2---STOCK BORE/STOCK STROKE LIMITED (4 STROKE)((SINGLE CYLINDER))(((NO POWER ADDERS)))

Here is all that I am proposing.
2---STOCK BORE/STOCK STROKE LIMITED (4 STROKE)))(((NO POWER ADDERS)))

whats the big deal???

I totally understand what your trying to say.

But if we would allow any multiple cylinder 4-strokes to enter this class, it wouldnt be fair for a single to have to run a street bike engine. Do you agree?

Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Not really, the way I unstood your class 2, is it was stock chassis, no swingarm no internal mods, basically a true stock machine class. There is nothing stock about a street bike motor in a quad frame. There are no factory built quads with more than 2 cylinders. I took it as a class that was for stock machines with maybe a pipe and filter at the most. That would mean machines like YFZ 450s, Suk 450's, Kawi 450's, DS 650's, v-forces, Raptors, Qutlanders, Renegades, 400 and 450 Honda's, Polaris pred 500s and Outlaw 550s. If by stats alone are correct the Outlaw 550 is my guess as the strogest contender here do to its claimed power to weight ratio. This should be a really fun class and the only thing I am saying is to drop the single cylinder requirement so we can all play as long as we have a stock machine to enter in the class with. Would it not be cool as hell to set up a race for stock machines any brand any type just to see who makes the fastest stock quad.

I myself would plan to enter my new Renegade and one of my Outlanders in this class 2 and my ole blue Twin peaks 800 in the anything goes 4x4 ute class maybe one of my Outlanders as well just for fun.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

CC, as much as I would love to run a bone stock class to see where they stack up, its almost impossible to do so simply because human nature has a need to cheat.

I guess I really need to clarify the classes a little more simply because every class with the exception of class #2 will be run what ya brung but excluding power adders.

Simply put, build the fastest stock bore stock stroke bike without power adders and lets run em.

Thats what that class means.

Now, with the new twin cylinder atv motors coming on the scene, there will have to be classes made just for these machines and I understand that. But as of right now, the only twin cylinder atv in an oem chassis will be the outty and renegades. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I am just not following what you trying to say about what class 2 is. based on the clarification ruels on page one listed here

NOTE: Class #2 Clarification---Stock bore, Stock stroke, Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, No Wheelie Bars, Race fuel & Alky ONLY, No Override Transmissions, OEM Chassis.
That to me pretty much described as close to a bone stock class as I would think possible.

Since we both know there are only 3 or 4, 4 stroke twin machines that would qualify to enter class 2 if twins were allowed , are you afraid a 4x4 might upset the sporties here. I guess I just don't see what the problem is. As far as cheating goes, I am sure thats more than likely going to happen rather you allow twins or don't allow twins. I know just by looking i can't tell a 520 built honda engine from a 450 stock honda engine. I do not agree that there would be a need for a specail class for 4 stroke twins. If twins were the ultimate engines then why are all the sport quads singles? For me this may decide rather I am coming this time or not. I gave up running Nos for a while, just to expesive to keep rebuilding engines. So a nearly pure stock class is likely more compatable with what I would be bringing to the event. Unfortunatly I don't own any single jug machines so thats where I am at. I do have a couple stock twin machines that could be fun to run in class 2. Ole blue is not even been started yet, so know idea yet as to rather its fast enough to contend in the 4x4 ute unlimited class. So for me to make a firm cometment and start making plans to be there I am looking for other possible options to make sure I can be competative in one class or the other.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Your bikes are always competitive in the UTE class here. The Renegade will be even that much more competitive.

If we do allow your twin cylinder 4-stroke into this class, then we would have to allow street bike engines in as well.

There is a guy on another forum inquiring about this same exact situation with a twin cylinder 4-stroke thats making 135hp and 90ft lbs of torque on pump gas on the dyno.

It just wouldnt be fair to allow a guy with this kind of engine to compete with a stock bore/stock stroke single even with a ported engine and cams.

Class #2 is clearly defined as a 4-stroke single cylinder stock bore/stock stroke which allows ported heads, cams to race on either alky or race gas with no wheelie bar or override tranny's. This gives the Z400's, 400EX's a place to compete on a more fair playing ground.

I hope this clears up a little bit of speculation for you.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, so you are allowing internal engine mods just no displacement changes. I also was thinking that by OEM chassis and no wheeleee bars that ment stock swingarms. I have to keep reminding myself thats not what that means down there. I am still not sure how a homemade streetbike/quad combo would ever think it could enter a stock class but you know best. I guess I was thinking you ment pretty much a showroom stock class when I first read that class 2 regulation. So in a since a showroom stock class would be a 8th class and not enough time in the day for that. It would be fun but I understand.

I hope to have ole blue back together here pretty soon, so I have time to do some testing. last fall my main race quad was the outlander max with Nos and custom intake and many other things, it was finaly ready to go hours before I pulled out for LA, the first test run when I got down there I messed up a piston and I made 2 passes on a jacked up engine on race day and went home. needless to say i am not looking for another trip like that so, its up to ole blue to prove to be fast first and we will still be there.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

CC, Im glad you understand the classes a little better now. It would be more time consuming to try to police every class. I tried to come up with the most defined class stucture that will be almost "cheat proof" and still be a fair race for everyone involved. The format is pretty cut and dry, but glad we had this discussion to clear up a little confusion.

As I stated, power adders will be allowed in every class except #2.

Hope this helps and as always, we look forward to seeing you and pops at the Clash.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
What Overrated didnt tell everybody is that his bike is down right now and he would be a spectator no matter what, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Scott, you sound relieved? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But it is true I wont be there to spectate or race, hate that I am missing this one guys.

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!