CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Originally posted by: SCHOLLE
Anyone want to discuss back to the basics? I am talking about racing like we did at the very first Clash.
Yeah guys, we have quite a few folks who have proposed a few ideas that I think will really be a lot of fun if we can just get back to the basics of what the Clash of the Titans was founded upon.

One scenario would be to just all show up and grudge race on Friday and Saturday.

Second scenario would be to show up and grudge race all day Friday and then have a 4-Stroke Money Class & 2-Stroke Money Class on Saturday on the official tree.

We feel this would be the best format since its basically the first big venue of the year and its so close to the big Planetsand Race in Gilbert, La in April.

Then we would have the BIG MONEY race with a very defined class structure at the Fall Clash of the Titans sometime in either October or early November.

Please chime in and give your thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

""One scenario would be to just all show up and grudge race on Friday and Saturday""

I vote for grudge race. SHow up and race who you want to.... and have FUN !!!

Getting to technical or serious just takes some fun out of it.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say I like the new class 2 but wish it was not limited to single 4 strokes, I think the only stock bore 4 stroke twins would be v-forces, Prairies, Outlanders, Renegades. Just make it a stock 4 stroke class. I would like to enter my Renegade and maybe an Outy in that class, I am sure it would likely just be a 50 dollar donation to the pot, but it would be fun. I am not that wild about such a long trip for one or 2 trips down the track.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Originally posted by: cc1999
I have to say I like the new class 2 but wish it was not limited to single 4 strokes, I think the only stock bore 4 stroke twins would be v-forces, Prairies, Outlanders, Renegades. Just make it a stock 4 stroke class. I would like to enter my Renegade and maybe an Outy in that class, I am sure it would likely just be a 50 dollar donation to the pot, but it would be fun. I am not that wild about such a long trip for one or 2 trips down the track.
Thats what we are trying to improve. I heard alot of complaints that the races took to long. Most all of those were from non hard core racers. Personally, I think the last one was well run and on a volunteer basis. There are many many people who want to show up and ride/race all day.That can not happen with a bunch of classes to run. There is a practice track available next to the timed strip.Heck everyone wants a class to suit thier specific build/atv. I feel sure we could work something out to get some timed runs on Friday as well as run the practice track.
I have no ties with the owner but maybe we could set the timed track aside for a small extra fee? That would keep the kids form destroying the track/lights.
The gate fee is very reasonable imo. Think about the operating cost of running this. Just the cleanup afterwards is a huge job.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCHOLLE
Originally posted by: cc1999
Thats what we are trying to improve. I heard alot of complaints that the races took to long. Most all of those were from non hard core racers. Personally, I think the last one was well run and on a volunteer basis. There are many many people who want to show up and ride/race all day.That can not happen with a bunch of classes to run. There is a practice track available next to the timed strip.Heck everyone wants a class to suit thier specific build/atv. I feel sure we could work something out to get some timed runs on Friday as well as run the practice track.
I have no ties with the owner but maybe we could set the timed track aside for a small extra fee? That would keep the kids form destroying the track/lights.
The gate fee is very reasonable imo. Think about the operating cost of running this. Just the cleanup afterwards is a huge job.

Very very well said.

Yes, I can arrange whatever we all decide. Not a problem.

So, do yall think maybe charging a few dollars to run on the timed track on Friday and Saturday would be an alternative?

But, keep in mind we will allow the practice track to resume full operation while the timed track is being utilized.

Im just throwing ideas out there guys.

Lets hear it.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

What about this class structure:

Option A: I say we leave the bikes at home, tell the wives they are broke and we are are going just to watch. Then hire a bunch of strippers and get our crunk on.

Option B: Do option A again on Saturday.

Sounds good to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OverRaTeD
What about this class structure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]ption A: I say we leave the bikes at home, tell the wives they are broke and we are are going just to watch. Then hire a bunch of strippers and get our crunk on.Option B: Do option A again on Saturday.Sounds good to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
In!!

Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

one of my buddy's and i have plans to show up and spectate. i'll be real glad to meet you guys in person. i might have to take you up on that ride on the spider you offered me a while back scott......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
one of my buddy's and i have plans to show up and spectate. i'll be real glad to meet you guys in person. i might have to take you up on that ride on the spider you offered me a while back scott......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Just as long as your aware of the fact that there is no such thing as driving the spider....you just have to kinda guide it down the track.....with the rear tires, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It will be good to meet ya as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

My vote is for grudge racing Friday and Saturday. I also like the idea of paying a little extra for timed runs as long as the practice track stay's open all day Saturday!

If not, I say we go with OveRaTeD's idea! OveRaTeD, how's the bike coming along?

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!