CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at getting an 800 but ......look at this vid

hello all
first want to say NOT bashing at all just inquiring. I have a cat 650 now but am looking for something with more muscle. But take a look at this vid and you will see that what the cat crawls up with absolute ease, the outlander struggles big time. My question is could this guys visco lock not be working as it should be.

thanks guys and i am not bashing!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25354346182661

Old 11-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

This could be a ugly thread.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

i do not want it to turn ugly I am seriously looking at getting an outlander. i rode one and now i am hooked. I was curious if his visco lock was not working.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What kind of riding to you mostly do? There are more reviews and articles that tout the Outlander as the best overall than for any other Ute since the release of the Outlander.

Why do you think that is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well for starters it's clear the guy doing the narrarating had an agenda, even in his tone/sarcasm. Secondly, two different riders, the first rider seemed like he had some experience on this trail, the second rider seemed uncertain of his path at times. The A/C has more ground clearance so it's a no brainer on terrain like this....

So is this they kind of riding you do? I ride a river bottom that is NOTHING but solid rocks, small, large and very large, I've ridden through this stuff frequently and never have gotten stuck or spun the tires like that.

If MOST of your riding is rock crawling then I'd suggest getting the A/C.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Two things, ground clearance and the visco-lock. First off, for rock crawling, ground clearance rules, and the Arctic cat is hard to beat. Second, the Arcticat was probably locked in 4x4 where as the visco lock has to wait for the wheels to spin a bit to engage the full lock 4x4. Both good systems, but for rock crawling, full time locked is better.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

wow nice vid. I rember some discusion on the vico-lock system an how the person talking about it, told he did not know what he was talking about with the adding of bigger tire causeing the visco-lock to have more of a delay an in the video it shows the delay. I wounder if with the stock tire would it take as long? Watch the next vid that was on the an the outlander did some nice water wheelies.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

The visco-lok does not like better tires than stock, which sux

Old 11-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

The video is so grainy it's hard to tell if the Outlander took the same line as the AC. It looks to me like the guy on the outlander is trying a different line. Interesting none the less. I rode an AC and an Outlander before I bought a new 4 wheeler and since I'm here I guess you know which one came out ahead in my book...

Old 11-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

The video is so grainy it's hard to tell if the Outlander took the same line as the AC. It looks to me like the guy on the outlander is trying a different line. Interesting none the less. I rode an AC and an Outlander before I bought a new 4 wheeler and since I'm here I guess you know which one came out ahead in my book... >>>>>>>>>

This is ONE scenario and as stated looks like the Outlander had larger then stock tires which probably affected the 4WD.

Anyone guess the intent behind this video to begin with? He mentions the fan but his A/C is a single vs. a twin, obviously more heat will be released as a result. I'm not knocking A/C but lets put this guys Cat in the Baja 1,000 and see where it finishes and if he brings his video camera if he will be as smug?