CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing

Since I was having so much fun on another forum I was asked in a PM to post this forum
My Build Cost
$250.00 TM 48 used Carb Cable -
$275.00 NEW RON WOODS CDI
$135.00 NEW ROSS Piston 105mm 13 to 1 CT Racing
$270.00 NEW Cams exchanged with custom Grind (WEB DESIGNED)( Between a 109 and A1/A2 Grind)
$280.00 NEW Cam Springs Shim Under Bucket (Could use H/D Springs next time due to my cam lift is only 0.435")
$25.00 NEW Shims 13MM (4 ea)
$20.00 NEW 4 Valve Seals ( Factory)
$100.00 NEW 2 Intake Valves 37mm (1mm Larger than Stock, you an use Stock Seats)
$100.00 NEW 2 Exhaust Valves 32mm (1mm Larger than Stock, you an use Stock Seats)
$125.00 Extra DS head Won on E bay (yep I have a extra head now)
$150.00 NEW RWR INTAKE W K&N Filter and Wrap (Looks Fricken awsome and works)
$480.00 Port Cylinder and Intake and install 1mm Larger valves Springs and Seals ( Motion Pros) This guy does awesome work on 4 strokes
$40.00 Cylinder off of E bay Has a Samcoe Steel Kit (now I have 2 extra stock cylinders)
$225.00 Bore 105mm and Plate (Millennium Technologies) Call Kurt, Hes Da Man!
$200.00 Aluminum Sleeve and Install* (Wont need on a stock Bore) (Millennium Technologies)
$55.00 NEW Full Gasket Cometic Top End Set (Cometic)
$00.00 RWR EXHAULST-
$790.00 Pro Sport Labor remove motor and to do top end blueprint re-assemble install motor and tune Misc Parts Plugs Oil.
estm ($3645) <-changed 02/07/2007
There may be other MFG parts that can make more HP, but my goal was torque, HP is great! but I cant use it if its all top end, I need it all in the midrange where I ride it there now and works.
As DS-Nut said average of about 50HP on a stock DS making Estimated 68 hp( 18HP) (will be getting this Dynoed Jan 5th) Cost per HP $185.00 per HP
Dyno runs will be in Jan, If my Dyno run is lower Ill post it , be dang right IF its higher Ill post it also, Im more into seeing where the torque curve starts peaks and ends.
I spent over a year researching these parts and taking my time reading learning working with builders and co forum members to purchase these parts to suit "MY Specific Build" by taking my time to do so ( I dont look into the cost of researching the DS, its a hobby for fun and an interest of sharing knowledge with others that they too can build a Dune machine without going into major debt to do so), I was able to purchase these items when I wanted. at prices I wanted to spend to keep cost down. (some prices are fluffed for my cost so I wont get into trouble with the vender)
I wanted to thank the HPR crew for pushing me to get this build done sooner THANKS GUYS, I was going to have it done in Jan or Feb so to hush them I GIT R DONE.
This is the 1st Aluminum Sleeved Plated DS big bore that I know of, so testing for durability and reliability will be for this comming 2007 season to see how she holds up to abuse.
BTW the Power band is AWSOME Smooth, short blip on the throttle and the front end jumps up! <- Ready for a 3+ swing arm.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 Aluminum Bore Costing

Congratulations on your build, ERBE. I hope it works out for you. I am excited to see the dyno reports for this unique build.

Btw, I would appreciate if you would not refer to me as BS-nut. I assumed that was a personal attack or is it just a recurring typo?

Thanks ERBE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I must have a dab keydoarb

Old 12-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also, the 50 hp number is an average crank hp number.....since some model years were 48 and others were 52 as i recall. I think your estimated 68 crank hp is probably really close. I expect to see somewhere between 57 and 63 at the rear tires when you get this beast dynoed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Again, well done![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Wow $185 per hp . That is great I have never seen that before. Can't wait to see the results when you get her dynoed.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
Wow $185 per hp . That is great I have never seen that before. Can't wait to see the results when you get her dynoed.
yes congrats !!!! just wait untill someone wants to sell there new latest and greatest HRP cams, your doller per H.P will go down greatly!!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: rcoop
yes congrats !!!! just wait untill someone wants to sell there new latest and greatest HRP cams, your doller per H.P will go down greatly!!!!
Why would they sell there cams ? The results are good and they would just have to send them in to get welded and reground to get the latest and greatest anyways.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

hey erbe are you going to start selling these kits?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] do worry about dyno numbers becouse they have nothing to do with drag racing

Old 12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

What kit? just showing that by taking your time to put a package together you can save some bucks building a 720 Dunner, with that cash saved to get 520 conversions, swingarms, and other items to lighten and pick up power and control of the DS, while this cylinder is being tested I am all ready working on a another pair of cylinders with larger surface area around the top of the cylinder with supports added from the inner walls to support the top of the cylinder with more surface area for sealing and keeping the top of the cylinder from any movement if any detonation accures and for running more radical cams and higher compression, I still think this can be done on a stock cylinder for way under 800 bucks with welding, milling surfacing, bore and plating ( dont know what bore yet 720 or just a 700), scooby is still running his 720 I hear and running strong. We didnt have choices before we have many choices now Stock, Bore and Plate, Sleeve, New Jug depending on type of motor you want to build and the buget you can afford. Im not trying to hurt any ones Biz, again Im the Lab Rat with the tesing of this cylinder BTW ran it again today with the new gearing 15/40 WOOHOOOOOOO LOVE it I want to try 16/40 next!

Old 12-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Range Rover

great job, when your finished with the research i will use your research to build me one. idont care what they say about you your alright with me , you do the work and we all benefit.

Quick Reply: 720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing